2024 | Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, eamoss, Gearóid Bellew

Shoco
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: 2024 | Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by Shoco »

He was also pictured with the Sligo team that won it
Shedtillwedie
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Shedtillwedie »

Good move for Gartland to join Pats. He’ll be the Perth equivalent which is very important for Kenny.

Heard today from a well known Journalist that Martin Connolly may also be in line to join Pats in some sort of admin or operational/consultancy role. Would be a good move for him as well. Not sure if anything in that but that’s what I heard
Carrick_Road
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Carrick_Road »

Also heard today that sloggett is expected to sign for St. Pats
Martin Lawlor80
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Martin Lawlor80 »

According to the Democrat, we have reached an agreement with Sunderland to keep ZAc Johnston until the end of the season!!
Great news
Oriel O'Shea
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Oriel O'Shea »

Carrick_Road wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 8:33 pm Also heard today that sloggett is expected to sign for St. Pats
I wouldn't be too worried not going to improve us too much in my opinion.

We need a Striker & GK asap.

Top three goalscorers at the moment are Hoban (32), Amond (36), and Green (34).

Its a pity Stevie/Garts/local owners thought Hoban was too old to build a team around... In all seriousness is there any senior Irish strikers that would be open to a return? Paddy Madden?
mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by mike »

Initially I was very disappointed to hear SK had joined Pats, but as weeks went on, maybe we needed a complete fresh approach and new people in. The SK era from 2013-18 is a long time gone. Plus we can't keep adding more from that era, Perth, Garts, (Gill before), then SOD, time to cut the strings.

Don't get me wrong now, I think it wouldn't be a huge surprise to see SK back in 5 years time maybe, who knows, but as things stand I`m more than happy with Daly, and him getting in his new backroom team.

Good news if this is true re Johnston, he has been excellent.
Last edited by mike on Mon Jun 10, 2024 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mick Mac
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Mick Mac »

Oriel O'Shea wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 8:43 pm
Carrick_Road wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 8:33 pm Also heard today that sloggett is expected to sign for St. Pats
I wouldn't be too worried not going to improve us too much in my opinion.

We need a Striker & GK asap.

Top three goalscorers at the moment are Hoban (32), Amond (36), and Green (34).

Its a pity Stevie/Garts/local owners thought Hoban was too old to build a team around... In all seriousness is there any senior Irish strikers that would be open to a return? Paddy Madden?
Madden signed for Chesterfield recently, They just got promoted to League 2 Paul Cooke the manager
When i see you dundalk, I just cant enough, I Just cant get enough
Philistine
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Philistine »

Shedtillwedie wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 8:15 pm Good move for Gartland to join Pats. He’ll be the Perth equivalent which is very important for Kenny.

Heard today from a well known Journalist that Martin Connolly may also be in line to join Pats in some sort of admin or operational/consultancy role. Would be a good move for him as well. Not sure if anything in that but that’s what I heard
I won't be able to post on here any more if true ;)
Richie87
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Richie87 »

Joe Mason is a free agent since Janurary. He had been playing in Canada, if they could afford the wages.
https://www.transfermarkt.com/joe-mason ... ler/120706
seand
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by seand »

It seems Kenny disagrees with the concerted vitriolic character assassination of Garts on here then!
Johnnybegood33
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Johnnybegood33 »

Best of luck Brian . One of the biggest legends & brilliant players to ever play for Dundalk . A truly inspirational player . Dundalk loss is definitely a huge plus for Pats. Stephen Kenny knows how good you are. Great memories of you running up the pitch for corners & causing havoc . One brilliant header & reader of the game . 👏👏👏👏👏👏
Philistine
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Philistine »

seand wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 3:40 am It seems Kenny disagrees with the concerted vitriolic character assassination of Garts on here then!
We love to turn on our own here in Dundalk, SOD was badly turned on as well, ffs SK would have got the same treatment if there wasn't instant success (just as well he didnt come back!). Outsiders who damaged the club and turned their back seem to be held in higher esteem. Makes no sense
Oriel O'Shea
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Oriel O'Shea »

Philistine wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 11:54 am
seand wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 3:40 am It seems Kenny disagrees with the concerted vitriolic character assassination of Garts on here then!
We love to turn on our own here in Dundalk, SOD was badly turned on as well, ffs SK would have got the same treatment if there wasn't instant success (just as well he didnt come back!). Outsiders who damaged the club and turned their back seem to be held in higher esteem. Makes no sense
Outsiders You are like the bull McCabe. Wise up Both SOD, Garts and SK were all 'outsiders' at one stage.

I for one would not want Garts in any recruitment club or management role. he failed at that here IMO but like SOD probably wasn't helped with ownership situation. However, done rightly and amicably when he stepped in on sidleine. Kenny has likely got a good assistant in but he hasn't hired him as a sporting director or head of recruitment. If he hadn't of played with Dundalk all those years came into a mangement role under local owners and done the job as an 'outsider' from another club something tells me you would be up in arms about the management of the club under his tenure as Sporting director.? Did we improve and do anything that was set out to do in this role?

However, done rightly and amicably when he stepped in on sidleine and thank god for him during the King escapade. Shame that he couldn't have been shifted to a coaching role with Daly before he departed but happy burnsys loyalty and work is being repayed. Kenny has likely got a good assistant in but he hasn't hired him as a sporting director or head of recruitment. Bets of Luck Garts but i for one dont want to see Pats succeed over us anytime soon.
Martin Lawlor80
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Martin Lawlor80 »

Discussion of Brian Garland should be in the ex Dlk players thread not the rumours thread!!!
southerncomfort
Reserves
Reserves

Post by southerncomfort »

no offense to garts or kenny , club legends, but pats are in real trouble. if he'd hired similar calibre of someone he hired for Ireland fine, but going for a 'non coach/manager doesn't bode well . on a human level , garts contact with kenny led to the exit and he's done the right thing hiring him

great piece of business with jon ( albeit , done the hard way )