2024 | Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, eamoss, Gearóid Bellew

Richie87
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: 2024 | Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by Richie87 »

Only 4 loan signings can be made in the one window. They might get the keeper on loan and a free agent left back, or vice versa.
mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by mike »

superman wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:05 pm
mike wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:01 pm And yet another new face in, a centre half on loan until summer, this guys looks decent as he only signed a 2.5 year deal from Ipswich to Lincoln City.

https://x.com/LincolnCity_FC/status/175 ... 92367?s=20

One more to get (GK) then you would think that's us full.
Don't forget a left-back... I think we badly need one after seeing Walker.
Benson can play there, plus Muller, also remember RB was favoured in Left Full over Leahy for a lot of games Sept - Oct last season, when Leady was fit.

Plus, we really need to cut these type of players some slack (Walker and Munro) they are young guys re-locating to a new country and a new league, I can well remember being their age and having my first job in the UK, not easy to adjust.
Johnnybegood33
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Johnnybegood33 »

Yes , very true Mike . That’s what real supporters do . I always tried to instill that on the website .
Philistine
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Philistine »

Burton giving it the big one again over on X re Shepperd .. Remember when he came here claiming to be a Dlk supporter :D
Philistine
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Philistine »

https://www.dundalkdemocrat.ie/news/soc ... deals.html

Another gk on the way but not gonna be Barcola who's now on Bohs radar according to this report .
Johnnybegood33
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Johnnybegood33 »

All looking very good for the new season , all very positive . Well done to all .
superman
Reserves
Reserves

Post by superman »

Philistine wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:35 pm https://www.dundalkdemocrat.ie/news/soc ... deals.html

Another gk on the way but not gonna be Barcola who's now on Bohs radar according to this report .
Does that article suggest another defender in addition to todays, or is that defender Bradshaw?
Philistine
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Philistine »

superman wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:48 pm
Philistine wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:35 pm https://www.dundalkdemocrat.ie/news/soc ... deals.html

Does that article suggest another defender in addition to todays, or is that defender Bradshaw?
Hard to know, Bradshaw not mentioned so maybe was posted before announcement was made by club
Towelie
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Towelie »

Philistine wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:32 pm Burton giving it the big one again over on X re Shepperd .. Remember when he came here claiming to be a Dlk supporter :D
https://twitter.com/itsandyburton/statu ... oEVcQ&s=19

A deeply unserious and unprofessional individual. If Shepperd has sense he'd get rid.
Last edited by Towelie on Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by dundalkfc1903 »

Feel a bit sorry for Nathan. He's a young guy who has been badly advised. Of course he could have been stronger and said to Andy let's drop the clause, but I'd cut him some slack on that.
Hopefully he finds a club as he's a good lad.
BigChief
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by BigChief »

He also liked a tweet from JR during the Drogheda game about Munro making the mistake. I know he reads this forum, bit of advice to him, be more professional. I’m sure Sheppard is embarrassed at this carry on online.
mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by mike »

Does anyone know the length of time for the latest batch of recruits apart from the loan signings, who are all to June?

On the loans, remember it can often suit both parties for then to extend to full season, but nothing obv confirmed.

On the perm deals, club paid a fee for Gullan, probably Walker too so you would imagine these are min 2 years or the 1+1 deal, was Munro also bought? I think the Dutch guy is one a one year deal. Mahon, again was a fee paid or was he a free agent, wonder what his term is, hopefully more than 1 season as both him and Gullan could be the real finds of the season in my view, High also but he is only on loan.

I just wonder might we see Nathan again either in June or next season if contractual 'challenges' can be more ironed out, that said hopefully he can get fixed up in the UK for his own sake, I met him briefly a few times, lovely fella and most will wish him the very best.
Oriel O'Shea
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Oriel O'Shea »

Philistine wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:32 pm Burton giving it the big one again over on X re Shepperd .. Remember when he came here claiming to be a Dlk supporter :D
That was a funny time alright
Oriel O'Shea
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Oriel O'Shea »

Shoco wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:45 pm
Oriel O'Shea wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:41 pm
White Horse wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:52 pm

And money.
These two posts sum it up. Two massive F*k ups from football side of club with Emmanuel Adegboyega firstly and now mullen. But maybe cash wasn't there to sign them from previous ownership. Hopefully Mulligan (Pro Contract) is the end of the shortsightedness.
But why is it a massive pillowcase up from the club with Mullen? You can't force a young player with good potential to sign a contract no matter what you offer them. If they have interest from abroad why would they tie themselves down to a contract?
You can't force any player but you can spot potential in young players + you can offer multiple young players a contract before teams come looking and you can make it realistic to give them the opportunity to play in the starting 11. Naj Razi had Spanish clubs tracking him and still Rovers convinced him to sign a pro contract, played 6 times for the club and is now shipped on for 450k. It is a F*k up that Mullen is going to the same level and Dundalk are getting 0 in return. It is either a poor reflection on our last ownership not willing to sign players or poor reflection on our selling a vision skills from Garts/Stevie. Mullen should have been offered a pro contract at 16/17.

Cork got 100ks plus for three young players last year (Hefferen, Umeh) all on pro contracts Bohs got money for Devoy, sligo for Johnny Kenny and DROGHEDA for our own youth player in Adegboyega who was pipped right under our noses. A massive F*k up and this is just another example.
Richie87
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Richie87 »

Especially with no European funds, other avenues like getting a fee for a player can compensate the loss. Sligo got 100k for Luke McNicolas who moved to Wrexham this month after a loan.