2024 | Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, eamoss, Gearóid Bellew

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Re: 2024 | Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by mike »

niall_hearty2000 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:49 pm
Robbiedundalk2 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:18 pm
mike wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:07 pm I think DFC are due a development fee for Mullen, no idea how much. James R posted something about this last week in a reply on X.

3 x u14's also joined the club this week from Portmarnock, but we need to be so much better at transfers and making money out of outgoing players.
One who's family is from Dundalk and attends games, hope he makes it
What are the names of the 3 lads?
Luke Cullen, Sean O'Brien and Robert Cotter, all 3 were with Portmarnock Nippers as 4 yo's !! Now all with DFC u14 in the LOI side. I saw a photo somewhere, the first guy looks either really small or the middle named player looks exceptionally tall.
Goliath
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Goliath »

Looks like it's starting to sink in with regards signing the young lads up asap , no point in waiting until they're almost 18 as in the case of Mullen, and if they're getting international caps there's no point in offering part time contract with minimal pay as you can be guaranteed there's interest in them , we have two younger lads who have been capped this year and they should be prioritised next , we lost 4 very good players to bohs this season also , it's one of the biggest source of income for loi clubs and we need to get better at it.
TrevDaRev2
Reserves
Reserves

Post by TrevDaRev2 »

Goliath wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:06 pm Looks like it's starting to sink in with regards signing the young lads up asap , no point in waiting until they're almost 18 as in the case of Mullen, and if they're getting international caps there's no point in offering part time contract with minimal pay as you can be guaranteed there's interest in them , we have two younger lads who have been capped this year and they should be prioritised next , we lost 4 very good players to bohs this season also , it's one of the biggest source of income for loi clubs and we need to get better at it.
It's the only sustainable way of getting money into LOI clubs for at least another 5 or 6 years. We're late to the game but look like it has dawned on people that there's merit in it
mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by mike »

I have a mate who is involved in Leinster Senior League, knows how all of the big Dublin clubs work in the LSL, told me it was great business by Dundalk getting these 3 lads in.

Not sure on their contracts though, and there lies another issue, but would agree it seems they have at last started to get on the ball with this kind of stuff, a Pro Contract to young Keogh this week was another big step in right direction.
Richie87
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Richie87 »

Would it be a youth development contract up to 16? Sam Curtis played first team for Shamrock Rovers at 14 and was signed by Pats at 15.

The Dublin clubs will probably be keeping an eye on them players before they sign a professional contract
mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by mike »

New GK and meant to be the No 1 for 2024 incoming early next week I heard, no other details.
Martin Lawlor80
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Martin Lawlor80 »

mike wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:08 pm New GK and meant to be the No 1 for 2024 incoming early next week I heard, no other details.
You mean we’re getting a new GK who will be no1 and Munro will be on the bench?
mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by mike »

That's what I am hearing yes.
Martin Lawlor80
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

I thought Munro was brought in as no1?! He’s played at a high level has he not
cooney
Reserves
Reserves

Post by cooney »

I see on Twitter a Sunderland journalist reporting last night us acquiring Zak Johnson on loan from them a CB

https://x.com/josephbrownjrno/status/17 ... 36498?s=46

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/zak-joh ... ler/827440

Just back from loan at Hartlepool

As much as I appreciate the coverage if it’s true I would much more love some news on the GK backup situation
mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by mike »

Heard they were looking to get a defender in from Sunderland, this is probably him.

As for the GK, nothing seems to be happening and looks like it will be Munro in nets on Fri, I have to admit I have not seen him play in any games, but reports have not been great, maybe its just a case of needs to settle in, either way its a huge intro for him at 745 on Fri night.
cooney
Reserves
Reserves

Post by cooney »

Dundalk Twitter just teased a new keeper, keep the peepers peeped
cooney
Reserves
Reserves

Post by cooney »

Towelie
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Towelie »

Young keeper, looks in great shape but seemed to have had a poor spell at Mansfield on loan, few of their supporters giving him stick.

Hopefully he can do well here.
Martin Lawlor80
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

mike wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:08 pm New GK and meant to be the No 1 for 2024 incoming early next week I heard, no other details.
Mike first with the correct insider info !!