2024 | Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, eamoss, Gearóid Bellew

TrevDaRev2
Reserves
Reserves

Re: 2024 | Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by TrevDaRev2 »

Louth4sam wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 10:20 pm Has anybody thought about the third option trying to keep Davies and giving him a long contract
lol it won’t happen. Him and Johnson gonna be a loss for sure. Hakiki did ok and Garbutt for the time he got
Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Louth4sam »

TrevDaRev2 wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 10:50 pm
Louth4sam wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 10:20 pm Has anybody thought about the third option trying to keep Davies and giving him a long contract
lol it won’t happen. Him and Johnson gonna be a loss for sure. Hakiki did ok and Garbutt for the time he got
Probably not but we should at least try.

Thought Hakiki started well but faded as did the rest of the team to be fair. Keogh looks an excellent product. Garbett looked very sharp when he came on. A few positives but same issues trying to put them back in the net.
"Absentee ownership doesn't work" - Jordan Gardner 21/12/2020
Richie87
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Richie87 »

Keogh is a good young player and will get better more first team football.. They should be looking to tie him down. Davies will have options and is unlikely to want to sign long term with the position Dundalk are in.
Hull White
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Hull White »

Keogh looks to have fantastic potential and should be signed to as long a contract as we can afford. Same old problem last night, we cannot score goals. That said Rovers are a very poor shadow of their former selves and the league is poor to be fair.
Johnnybegood33
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Johnnybegood33 »

A lot of fantastic players on the park for Dundalk last night , massive potential in my opinion . Great recruitment by Jon Daly , says all about how good he is. Of course we missed a recognised No. 9 . That defo was the difference. Onwards & upwards for the Drogheada games . Exciting times . Cmon The Town . 👍
mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by mike »

We had 2 great chances to equalise at the end, that shot from Ryan, if only he had taken a few more seconds to compose himself, then that header from Elliott.

I was very encouraged by the performance in the last 15 mins, we just need to score, what a pity Gullan is out, and long gone now, but Hoban there last night and it was 1-1 all day long.
Richie87
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Richie87 »

I see Rayhaan Tulloch is a free agent. Talented but inconsistent https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/rayhaan ... ler/433184
mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by mike »

Archie Davis to Carlisle with a decent fee from what I heard is the latest I heard.

He does walk for free in November, so maybe there is a business sense in this deal, he will still be a huge loss if / when he goes, Mountney in there to replace, but he prob won't stay fit for the remainder.
Gullans
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Gullans »

mike wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 10:47 pm Archie Davis to Carlisle with a decent fee from what I heard is the latest I heard.

He does walk for free in November, so maybe there is a business sense in this deal, he will still be a huge loss if / when he goes, Mountney in there to replace, but he prob won't stay fit for the remainder.
Possible swap deal with Kelly
Richie87
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Richie87 »

Georgie Kelly won't be leaving Carlisle. He spoke on the Between the Stripes podcast recently . 42 minutes in https://audioboom.com/posts/8533927-s8e ... rgie-kelly
Richie87
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Richie87 »

James Rogers reporting that Dundalk have lowered the price for Davies and it should go through. A full back and keeper close to being brought in from Uk
Pepsi
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Pepsi »

Richie87 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2024 6:17 pm James Rogers reporting that Dundalk have lowered the price for Davies and it should go through. A full back and keeper close to being brought in from Uk
Keeper being named, has next to no senior experience which would worry me. As for the rest ... its business, club has to balance the book and all that.
seand
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by seand »

Bear with me for this hot take.... selling your best player- arguably your only very good player- is rarely a good tactic. When it's likely to contribute to a possible relegation it's a really, really bad idea. 80 grand won't pay for the petrol to get us to Kerry, Cobh, Harps and Wexford
Mick Mac
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Mick Mac »

seand wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 12:39 am Bear with me for this hot take.... selling your best player- arguably your only very good player- is rarely a good tactic. When it's likely to contribute to a possible relegation it's a really, really bad idea. 80 grand won't pay for the petrol to get us to Kerry, Cobh, Harps and Wexford
80,000 would basically cover 2 players wages for a season if they were on €750 a week (Alot squad wouldn't be close to that figure either)
When i see you dundalk, I just cant enough, I Just cant get enough
The Ridge
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by The Ridge »

Are we all going to blissfully ignore the fact that Jon Dalys own recruitment record over his two other windows is horrendous? And we can talk all about the state SOD left us in but Daly left Pat's in worse - miles out of contention for Europe despite a budget big enough to challenge the league. He has left them in such a state that they have to reshape the entire squad and plan for next year already which is madness considering the resources he had there and yes he did sign all the players bar 1 so lets not use that as an excuse. He had money before and his transfers have been woeful, he has nothing to spend now so we should be xpecting worse. Davies or anyone won't be signing longterm deals coz i am not sure people have realised that we have zero cash none zilch and believ me things will get worse