2024 | Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, eamoss, Gearóid Bellew

Johnnybegood33
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: 2024 | Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by Johnnybegood33 »

Like the sound of what I’m hearing . Cmon the Town , in a big way . 👍👍
BigChief
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by BigChief »

Will we be getting a new stadium Johnny ? Spill the beans.
Lilywhites-1903Elite
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Lilywhites-1903Elite »

Johnnybegood33 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 3:45 pm Like the sound of what I’m hearing . Cmon the Town , in a big way . 👍👍
It's been so much gloom for a while now,
I hope skip is right in what he has said and I live in hope that we will get good news this week and hopefully a new start for this football club.
TrevDaRev2
Reserves
Reserves

Post by TrevDaRev2 »

Johnnybegood33 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 3:45 pm Like the sound of what I’m hearing . Cmon the Town , in a big way . 👍👍
Pint of Harp for everyone in the audience and McArdles Ale to be the new sponsor
Johnnybegood33
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Johnnybegood33 »

Well it all started well this morn , when I bumped in to two real legends in the foyer of the Castleknock Hotel , Johnny Sexton & James Mc Clean , playing his last game tonight . Next the great news of investment in Dundalk Fc . 👍🇮🇪
mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by mike »

There certainly seems to be a feeling that at last things are moving ahead in terms of investment in / takeover.

Also with only Kelly the single one to have left who we'd keep (Ward was great, but missed almost full season), it might explain why no one else has moved or signed for anyone else, that they are waiting to see what offers will be in place when new set up is in place.

For now, nothing more we can do but hope the silence for last few weeks was all down to doing business behind closed doors and that negotiations are still being finalised.

Be great to get confirm this week that its all settled, then move on to player contracts, is it too late for Hoban?

But.........No takeover and things remain 'as is', I wouldn't be looking forward to next season, hopefully it won't come to that.
niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 »

Remember Mike the silence surrounding players leaving especially with the players moving cross channel is that can't happen til January anyway so they are keeping their options open and or deals can't be announced until new year
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.
Pepsi
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Pepsi »

Lads no deal is done until the ink is dry and we see new owners / investors standing in Oriel speaking to the press. Then they have to have very deep pockets and be willing to spend to take us to the next level.
mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by mike »

Agreed on both points lads, especially for any takeover, until its confirmed, its just pure spec.
Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Louth4sam »

Pepsi wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 7:12 pm Lads no deal is done until the ink is dry and we see new owners / investors standing in Oriel speaking to the press. Then they have to have very deep pockets and be willing to spend to take us to the next level.
I'm not even sure if very deep pockets are needed. Time and effort can be equally if not more important.
"Absentee ownership doesn't work" - Jordan Gardner 21/12/2020
Richie87
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Richie87 »

Louth4sam wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:04 pm
Pepsi wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 7:12 pm Lads no deal is done until the ink is dry and we see new owners / investors standing in Oriel speaking to the press. Then they have to have very deep pockets and be willing to spend to take us to the next level.
I'm not even sure if very deep pockets are needed. Time and effort can be equally if not more important.
A long term vision,not throwing money at it and looking for more new owners in 2/3 years. No money to be made in LOI as it is
Pepsi
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Pepsi »

If you look at what is needed within the club and the potential of the FAI having their financing streams cut off by government, then deep pockets are certainly needed. New pictch, flood lights, training facilities, new main sponsor and the difference to the BetRegal amount should their be one .... then we come to playing side of things and squad budgets, attracting players to Dundalk with the cherry of Europe. No Europe, means more wages to make the club attractive I am afraid.
Pepsi
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Pepsi »

Richie87 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:08 pm
1. A long term vision,2. not throwing money at it and looking for more new owners in 2/3 years. 3. No money to be made in LOI as it is
1. None of our last 3 owners didnt have a long term plan. The question is will the plan be accepted by the fans should a very wealthy owner come in. Remember, Peak6 came in and said gradual growth, regular European adventures and then when money was there a ground could be looked at. It was the press and people of Dundalk who felt / said they should build a stadium because sure they were billionaires.

2. How can you not throw money at it ..... match day facilities, squad ... training facilities ..... a professional club has to be run to a certain standard. Some local teams have better training facilities than the club do.

3. That is why money needs to be invested to get to Europe .... that is where you have a chance of making a few quid. You will never make money if you run the club at a semi-professional level. It is all in or you pick up the bill every season.
Richie87
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Richie87 »

A long term vision is obviously upgrading facilities. Arsenal were a strong force in the early 2000s and then moved to the Emirates. It took them a long time to pay off the dept but are now a force again in a 60k stadium.
Towelie
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Towelie »

We're linked with Aaron Bolger apparently according to Irish Football Blog on Twitter