Pat Hoban October 2023

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, eamoss, Gearóid Bellew

Shoco
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: Pat Hoban October 2023

Post by Shoco »

To me it looks like it was SOD that told Pat he could leave. Previous owners may date told SOD his budget was being cut but it would have been up to SOD to decide how best to spend that budget and decided it was better to let Pat go.

Pat's not as mobile as he was and maybe doesn't have 90 mins in him, possibly why he was on the bench a lot towards the end of the season, either way SOD has put a lot of pressure on himself with this decision.
Alanek
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Alanek »

Oriel O'Shea wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:20 am
Thesquareend wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:07 am I’ve seen them all rattle the onion bag for years and young Hoban for me was the best.Never pass you on the street for a chat.The disrespect in this thread is sad to see and the conspiracy agenda that they have probably speaks volumes.
Totally agree. Quite literally the clubs greatest ever goalscorer, done unbelievable work locally, raising more then 20k for charities just a couple of months ago, putting the clubs community work to shame really. A club legend. And there are people talking about how they will boo him because he left after being told he wasn't wanted and could leave at 32. Jesus.
Finally ,somebody who knows exactly wat happened .who obviously has contacts in the Hoban /superfella camp and Dundalk camps.
Just a few questions.a few seasons back when Pat was leaving,could you find out if that was the club responsible and that the superfella played no part.
Also ,Sean Gannon in my mind is also a legend of the club ,how many titles he win with Dundalk .?Does he deserve the abuse he receives ,nobody mentioned booing .its the ABUSE he takes .
Oriel O'Shea
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Oriel O'Shea »

Alanek wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:57 am
Oriel O'Shea wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:20 am
Thesquareend wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:07 am I’ve seen them all rattle the onion bag for years and young Hoban for me was the best.Never pass you on the street for a chat.The disrespect in this thread is sad to see and the conspiracy agenda that they have probably speaks volumes.
Totally agree. Quite literally the clubs greatest ever goalscorer, done unbelievable work locally, raising more then 20k for charities just a couple of months ago, putting the clubs community work to shame really. A club legend. And there are people talking about how they will boo him because he left after being told he wasn't wanted and could leave at 32. Jesus.
Finally ,somebody who knows exactly wat happened .who obviously has contacts in the Hoban /superfella camp and Dundalk camps.
Just a few questions.a few seasons back when Pat was leaving,could you find out if that was the club responsible and that the superfella played no part.
Also ,Sean Gannon in my mind is also a legend of the club ,how many titles he win with Dundalk .?Does he deserve the abuse he receives ,nobody mentioned booing .its the ABUSE he takes .
Anyone over the age of 16 who would abuse Gannon Massey Hoban Derry two needs to look at themselves. Club legends! Same way the yanks screwed Gannon over a contract offer, Chris Shields got a send off and goodwill whilst under contract, whats the difference here?!! Did Pat leave a few seasons back? Did he accept probably better offers elsewhere in 2021? No he stayed and became our top goalscorer EVER. Any investment the club made in his was returned 10 fold.

In the space of monthsWe have now lost our three top Goalscorers of Hoban Kelly Martin. Now I hope the New Owner can back Stevie + Garts with all the resource it has freed up. Next stop is signing a 15+ goals per season striker or else we have BIG problems.
Quayman
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Quayman »

Club twitter page just announced hoban deal agreed with derry
Neale Fenn....SCUM
seand
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by seand »

We've all known it was coming but I have to say I was surprised how hard it hit me seeing it officially confirmed. Gutting.

Still , we have Cammy Elliott eh?
colymull
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by colymull »

seand wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:04 pm We've all known it was coming but I have to say I was surprised how hard it hit me seeing it officially confirmed. Gutting.

Still , we have Cammy Elliott eh?
Just wait until the pictures of him come out wearing a Derry shirt, it'll be like seeing an ex with their new love 😳
seand
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by seand »

It'll be like seeing Gannon in a R***rs jersey. (Not that Gannon in a Shels jersey is going to be an more palatable this season.)
Philistine
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Philistine »

Towelie wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:44 am First for players should be ran from the club. Unfortunately young Ryan O'Kane is with them.
Careful Towlie .. because it looks like (from some of the takes here) that a certain intermediary could be active on Oriel Web ??

Don't think anyone should be jeering a fella who scored 150 goals for the club for what it's worth, plain embarrassing if the case actually .. But we really can't shy away from the fact that this whole situation was cooked up long before The Sun interview by the player and his reps, not the club. Of course it's easier (more comforting even) for some to follow the tired old James Rogers/Gerry Malone narratives, where the club are always at fault and can't do anything correct no matter what .. If Hoban wanted to remain a DFC player, then he would .. Instead he's sold out on his apparent love for the club and gone to Derry for better terms, added a nice payday for super agent I'm presuming .. Won't be booing of course but at the same time, hope he absolutely shites the bed in Derry!!
Alanek
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Alanek »

Philistine wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:03 pm
Towelie wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:44 am First for players should be ran from the club. Unfortunately young Ryan O'Kane is with them.
Careful Towlie .. because it looks like (from some of the takes here) that a certain intermediary could be active on Oriel Web ??

Don't think anyone should be jeering a fella who scored 150 goals for the club for what it's worth, plain embarrassing if the case actually .. But we really can't shy away from the fact that this whole situation was cooked up long before The Sun interview by the player and his reps, not the club. Of course it's easier (more comforting even) for some to follow the tired old James Rogers/Gerry Malone narratives, where the club are always at fault and can't do anything correct no matter what .. If Hoban wanted to remain a DFC player, then he would .. Instead he's sold out on his apparent love for the club and gone to Derry for better terms, added a nice payday for super agent I'm presuming .. Won't be booing of course but at the same time, hope he absolutely shites the bed in Derry!!
Couldn’t agree more .as I said in a previous post Pat/super fella have played it well .
Pat will always be a legend .It is sad the way it ended but it’s done now ,reading posts on social media some are saying they will never set foot in oriel again ,wtf.
Alanek
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Alanek »

Of the players that have gone to rovers or Derry .how many were represented by the super fella ,if any .
niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 »

To be fair that's his job. He isn't there to get the best for Dundalk or any club nor is he against any club. His role as an agent is to do the best he can for his client. That's life. The player doesn't have to move, but if he is getting a 2 yr deal on more money or the same only in sterling as opposed to 1 year here. What would any of us do?
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.
Towelie
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Towelie »

From a playing perspective I wish him the worst, from a life perspective I wish him the best. A legend of the club and as many have said, a huge loss to the community.

The best striker I've ever and probably will ever see play for us. It'll be a sore couple of seasons but that's football. I'll take heart in that fact that we've definitely gotten the best out of him, if Derry fumble the league again then Higgins should be sacked, very one dimensional transfer policy.
Johnnybegood33
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Johnnybegood33 »

What a lovely message from Pat Hoban about his great time at the club . The clubs leading goal scorer of all time & all his friends he made in his 8 years at the club . He is in the history books for all time & will never be forgotten . The man is pure class in every way . Good luck at Derry City Pat .
We will always support you & will look forward to seeing you in Oriel again , with Derry . Thanks for the never to be forgotten brilliant goals . 👍
TrevDaRev2
Reserves
Reserves

Post by TrevDaRev2 »

I've an order placed in McCormacks for a pigs head for the 31st of May
Johnnybegood33
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Johnnybegood33 »

You are a true Dundalk legend Pat & will recieve a standing ovation on 31/5/24 . 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏