Stephen Kenny

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, eamoss, Gearóid Bellew

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: Stephen Kenny

Post by Louth4sam »

Hull White wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:25 am 1. Would you have Stephen back if he would come to Dundalk? And 2. Who would you all like to manage Ireland?
1. Would 100% have Kenny back. Had he stayed I think we would have won more titles for sure and he would have been strong enough and have enough been powerful enough to keep the madcaps from Peak6 at bay.
2. I think the backroom team are as important, Kenny was unlucky in that regard also as he kept losing people. Look at Anthony Barry, went to Belgium and then Bayern Munich. Losing a tactician like that can be worse than losing a star player.

There is genuinely nobody I can think of that would get me excited. We will end up with some journeyman manager no doubt and revert back to hoofball defensive football and set ourselves back another decade.
"Absentee ownership doesn't work" - Jordan Gardner 21/12/2020
Richie87
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: Stephen Kenny

Post by Richie87 »

Agree Kenny was unlucky to be losing backroom staff. It started off with Damien Duff, Anthony Barry and John Eustace.

They were all relatively young. He should have got somone e a bit older after Duff left, so they wouldn't be as quick to jump ship