2024 Season Fixtures

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, eamoss, Gearóid Bellew

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

2024 Season Fixtures

Post by oldfogey »

I can't find a dedicated thread for this so I'm starting one now.

There are changes to the 2 derby games with Drogheda.

Mon 01 Apr. Dundalk v Drogheda Utd ko 13.00
Mon 05 May Drogheda Utd v Dundalk ko 13.00

It would appear something is stirring between the two sets of supporters.
Last edited by oldfogey on Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
seand
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: 2024 Season Fixtures

Post by seand »

Two many scrotes throwing shapes combining with the guards wanting the easiest possible day mean the rest of us have to put up with this shite.
mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by mike »

Has to be up there with the earliest ever KO time we have had, as we are not exactly Sky Sports driven on KO's.

Vague memories of early SK era when RTE used to do double semi finals on the sunday and one kicked off at 1.45 possibly, but never 1pm.

Before a lot on here started going to games and up to probably mid 90's when LOI games were on Sundays in winter from Dec-Jan games kicked off at 2.15, then 2.30 in all grounds other than Oriel / Dalymount / Tolka / then later Milltown from 85.

Actually great days as in winter in the old shed we used to know the FT score of games at just when our second half kicked off (4pm) we knew exactly what to do to go top, rise up the table etc.
oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by oldfogey »

I see that the away game in Sligo has been moved (from Saturday) to Friday 19th April. Tough on anyone who had booked accommodation. Also means 2 tough away games in 5 days, with the rescheduled Bohemians(A) fixture taking place next Monday.
seand
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by seand »

Pain in the arse. It was nice to have at least 1 Saturday away game. Wonder what caused that?
mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by mike »

I think this is the second maybe third year that a April - July Sat night away game in Sligo has been moved for our game. I def remember booking one year and cancelling, its also so unique in being the only club to do Sat nights, easier to travel over, a better night when staying over, more time to spend when you get there etc.

Pity to see another one now moved.
oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by oldfogey »

seand wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:07 pm Pain in the arse. It was nice to have at least 1 Saturday away game. Wonder what caused that?
No confirmation on Sligo's website, but the FAI Connect app has last Saturday's postponed game with Galway refixed for Monday 22nd.

There would appear to be an obsession on the part of the FAI to have the first 18 series of games completed by the end of May.
punkha
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by punkha »

I see our home game v Sligo is down on the website for Thursday 13th June? Was thinking maybe a typo but see its the same on Sligo's. Anyone know if this is correct?
oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by oldfogey »

punkha wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:46 pm I see our home game v Sligo is down on the website for Thursday 13th June? Was thinking maybe a typo but see its the same on Sligo's. Anyone know if this is correct?
That is correct. Round 21 is the last before the break I believe.

There is also a full round (23) on Thursday 4th July when we are away to Rovers. I believe that this is to help the European clubs who are then off LOI duty for a couple of weeks. Won't help Pats though as they will start in QR2, and will be kicking their heels for that fortnight.
Last edited by oldfogey on Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
punkha
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by punkha »

oldfogey wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:55 pm
punkha wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:46 pm I see our home game v Sligo is down on the website for Thursday 13th June? Was thinking maybe a typo but see its the same on Sligo's. Anyone know if this is correct?
That is correct. Round 21 is the last before the break I believe.

There is also a full round (23) on Thursday 4th July when we are away to Rovers. I believe that this is to help the European clubs who are then off LOI duty for a couple of weeks.
Grand job thanks, just trying to book a few of the nights off in advance.
holidaysong
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by holidaysong »

They're to avoid clashes with Euro 2024 matches on the Fridays.