2024 General Thread

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, eamoss, Gearóid Bellew

Richie87
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: 2024 General Thread

Post by Richie87 »

Pepsi wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2024 11:18 am
Richie87 wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2024 1:12 am You'd think if Vinny Perth wasn't getting a managerial job, he'd be on the radar as a number 2 where he made his name? O Donnell has went from being manager to assistant at Bohemians. Ollie Horgan with Galway
Might have something to do with Vinny having a very well paid secure job away from football. I would assume for him to give that up once again, the offer would have to be water tight and right for himself and his family. Would you leave a well paid job to be number 2 with a LOI club or would you give up a job to take a job with Bohs, Dundalk ..... or whoever?
It would depend on the salary he would be offered. But a well paid job outside of football is more stable then LOI .
Towelie
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Towelie »

The Kenny era is over, it's finished. I can't understand the mindless ramblings about "what could've been" if things weren't mismanaged they way they were. It's history now and coming up against the man tomorrow evening will prove as much. We need to start focusing on the here and now.

This is the '2024 General Thread' not the 'Kenny Era/Peak6 Conspiracy Thread'
Philistine
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Philistine »

Towelie wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2024 12:10 pm The Kenny era is over, it's finished. I can't understand the mindless ramblings about "what could've been" if things weren't mismanaged they way they were. It's history now and coming up against the man tomorrow evening will prove as much. We need to start focusing on the here and now.

This is the '2024 General Thread' not the 'Kenny Era/Peak6 Conspiracy Thread'
Agree but....

If it's P6 conspiracy you're after then Jim Magilton and Stephen McDonnell are on the Press Box Pod tomorrow..
Wonder will they ask these Firstforplayers evangilists why super agent Carroll was given free reign of the place under Bill?
inflikted
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by inflikted »

Well Annesley starts as holding mid with Man Utd's bright prospect James Scanlon and experienced former Portsmouth and Notts County veteran Liam Walker just ahead of him in the middle of the park.
inflikted
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by inflikted »

2-0 defeat against Scotland for Annesley and Gibraltar but a decent defensive performance
dundog21
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by dundog21 »

Be nice to have a man who beats women on the pod,what is rogers thinking.Magilton a scum bag of the highest order.
Philistine
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Philistine »

dundog21 wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 12:49 am Be nice to have a man who beats women on the pod,what is rogers thinking.Magilton a scum bag of the highest order.
Wonder will the right questions be asked..
Or will he bottle it as he did with the recent BA interview.

JM was a huge part of our decline so no point having him on unless addressed
Shedtillwedie
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Shedtillwedie »

I hope they do ask Magilton hard questions. Proper tough questions about his association with the club and how it all went so wrong. He like so many before him had no power to do anything of substance under Bill's madman stewardship.

Stephen McD will be a future DFC manager I hope. Has done good work in the North. I don't think he is associated with Firstforplayers or is a P6 evangelist as suggested by a disgruntled and former staff member who has been sacked more times by the club that I care to remember. I may be wrong.

Hopefully our friend Philistine can make an appearance on a future POD and discuss all of the affairs (financial/operational/development) from his/her time in Oriel.

We should be happy after a fantastic start by Jon Daly. But here we are. Rotten fans to the core.
Martin Lawlor80
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Martin Lawlor80 »

All this stuff just keeps recurring and recurring breading negativity. No need for this guest in the podcast. The club needs to move on and not drag things up from the past
dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by dundalkfc1903 »

Agree, Jim left Dundalk almost 3 years ago. He refused to answer questions in any meaningful way during his time at the club , and was pretty disrespectful to the fans. He is a grade A w*nker. Why anyone would want to listen is beyond me. An own-goal by James Rogers and Paddy Casey.
BigChief
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by BigChief »

Agree with above, just as things have started to calm down at the club & a bit of positivity has emerged the last thing we need is dragging old skeletons out of the closet for all to hear.
Johnnybegood33
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Johnnybegood33 »

Incredible bullshit . Who cares . Talk about Jamie Gullan’s goal .
Philistine
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Philistine »

Shedtillwedie wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 11:47 am I hope they do ask Magilton hard questions. Proper tough questions about his association with the club and how it all went so wrong. He like so many before him had no power to do anything of substance under Bill's madman stewardship.

Stephen McD will be a future DFC manager I hope. Has done good work in the North. I don't think he is associated with Firstforplayers or is a P6 evangelist as suggested by a disgruntled and former staff member who has been sacked more times by the club that I care to remember. I may be wrong.

Hopefully our friend Philistine can make an appearance on a future POD and discuss all of the affairs (financial/operational/development) from his/her time in Oriel.

We should be happy after a fantastic start by Jon Daly. But here we are. Rotten fans to the core.
I'm not the one who's invited Jim Magilton onto a podcast?
The rest of your post (as per usual) makes you out to be a total clown, laughable stuff from top to bottom
Lets hope JM is asked why he intentionally tried to 'devalue' the club so his bum chums could step in and take over
Relative of an ex player (on this forum) confimed as much at the time iirc before you come up with any more pro P6 bollocks

Anyway I agree with other posters that we need to move on .
Oriel O'Shea
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Oriel O'Shea »

Philistine wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 2:03 pm
Shedtillwedie wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 11:47 am I hope they do ask Magilton hard questions. Proper tough questions about his association with the club and how it all went so wrong. He like so many before him had no power to do anything of substance under Bill's madman stewardship.

I'm not the one who's invited Jim Magilton onto a podcast?
The rest of your post (as per usual) makes you out to be a total clown, laughable stuff from top to bottom
Lets hope JM is asked why he intentionally tried to 'devalue' the club so his bum chums could step in and take over
Relative of an ex player (on this forum) confimed as much at the time iirc before you come up with any more pro P6 bollocks

Anyway I agree with other posters that we need to move on .
The same accusation could be probably be aimed at the local owners, and their connections under p6s reign. After all IMO they did get the club back for free with plenty of cash in the bank, don't know for a fact so open to correction? Maybe that was a play by some along with the protests and we all know what happened after.

Either way its all talk and personal perspectives that our fans now doesn't really care about.

But to be fair to Rogers his job is to create content, he's not an employee of the club. And if your looking to create content, the reaction it has sparked on this thread alone tells you he done what he wants to do here and peak interest in his guests. Journalists feed off reaction,always have always will.

I for one will give it a listen and still be positive about Daly and the clubs new ownership.
Oriel O'Shea
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Oriel O'Shea »

Johnnybegood33 wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 1:57 pm Incredible bullshit . Who cares . Talk about Jamie Gullan’s goal .
I am more buzzing about his goal from OPEN PLAY Johnny