2024 General Thread

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, eamoss, Gearóid Bellew

Johnnybegood33
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: 2024 General Thread

Post by Johnnybegood33 »

There’s a football man , Oriel . Bring on the Shels . Cmon The Town . The support in Inchicore was fantastic . Great to see . 👍
Richie87
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Richie87 »

Caoimhin Kelleher looking to leave Liverpool this summer. I wonder what his valuation would be, he has 2 years left on his contract. Ringmahon Rangers in Cork have a 20% sell on included.
holidaysong
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by holidaysong »

I'd imagine around £25-30m.
Hull White
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Hull White »

For some reason, keepers don’t tend to move for the same sort of fees as outfield players. It has always puzzled me as very good ones are hard to find and can either win games or keep teams in games. Kelleher has the potential to be very good and would undoubtably be Liverpools No.1 if not for Alison so they will obviously look for decent money.
Shedtillwedie
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Shedtillwedie »

Just finished listening to the podcast with the Pressbox. It was excellent I thought. Jim and Stephen spoke very well about their careers and professionally about the Peak6 days. It's long but very enjoyable.
Towelie
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Towelie »

Didn't enjoy it myself. Don't really think that anything new was revealed about the internal goings on at the time that hasn't already come out, so it just felt like a chore to listen to. Would've much preferred an in depth analysis of the Derry and Pats games with some transfer rumours and more information about where/who the new investment is coming from.
inflikted
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by inflikted »

https://x.com/GibraltarFA/status/1798439414970085528

An interview with Louie about his role in the national team. Praises the physicality of the league.
Philistine
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Philistine »

Shedtillwedie wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 3:07 pm Just finished listening to the podcast with the Pressbox. It was excellent I thought. Jim and Stephen spoke very well about their careers and professionally about the Peak6 days. It's long but very enjoyable.
Thought you’d enjoy it oddly enough .
Weak interview in reality, doesn’t explain anything, just as expected gives this egomaniac a platform to prattle on for over an hour and dodge any responsibility for what happened + pass the buck to everyone but himself. Tis propaganda of the highest order, denials that super agent had influence on players being signed (JM and SMcD are clients of his ffs, podcast organised/hosted by his pal too) . Ends by having a pop at supporters who contributed to this clown’s surplus wage for the guts of a year, Christ….

Pressbox let themselves down big time, would have been better off doing something on a DFC legend, any amount of them about, even better focus on what was a great week on the pitch?? ?
colymull
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by colymull »

I found Stephen McDonnells part interesting enough, I thought he spoke very well and has an interesting story. For instance, I didn't know the late great Tommy Burns signed him for Celtic.
As for JM, he came across exactly as I thought he would, all full of guff and bluster!! Everything was someone else's fault, he'd make a great politician, loads of answers without actually saying anything worthwhile.
Shedtillwedie
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Shedtillwedie »

Philistine wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 10:50 pm
Shedtillwedie wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 3:07 pm Just finished listening to the podcast with the Pressbox. It was excellent I thought. Jim and Stephen spoke very well about their careers and professionally about the Peak6 days. It's long but very enjoyable.
Thought you’d enjoy it oddly enough .
Weak interview in reality, doesn’t explain anything, just as expected gives this egomaniac a platform to prattle on for over an hour and dodge any responsibility for what happened + pass the buck to everyone but himself. Tis propaganda of the highest order, denials that super agent had influence on players being signed (JM and SMcD are clients of his ffs, podcast organised/hosted by his pal too) . Ends by having a pop at supporters who contributed to this clown’s surplus wage for the guts of a year, Christ….

Pressbox let themselves down big time, would have been better off doing something on a DFC legend, any amount of them about, even better focus on what was a great week on the pitch?? ?
Here comes the unemployable king of Dundalk. Have you no Jobseekers benefit to collect?
Carrick_Road
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Carrick_Road »

What were they referring to when they spoke about a rumour around JM and drink during Covid, thats one I didnt hear.

Stephen Mc Donnell spoke brillantly and IMO would like to see him as a future DFC manager.
Shedtillwedie
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Shedtillwedie »

Carrick_Road wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 12:35 pm What were they referring to when they spoke about a rumour around JM and drink during Covid, thats one I didnt hear.

Stephen Mc Donnell spoke brillantly and IMO would like to see him as a future DFC manager.
Philistine started a rumour with his clique that JM was drinking on the job. Sad
Oriel O'Shea
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Oriel O'Shea »

Carrick_Road wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 12:35 pm What were they referring to when they spoke about a rumour around JM and drink during Covid, thats one I didnt hear.

He really did genuine young man . Pity how the local owners treated him and got rid, but especially with a phone call while he was on holiday... Hopefully finds his way back to us someday.
inflikted
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by inflikted »

Louie having a very solid first half for Gibraltar against Wales, playing CB today.
Pepsi
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Pepsi »

inflikted wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 5:34 pm Louie having a very solid first half for Gibraltar against Wales, playing CB today.
Funny how he cant get a look in with us ....