Dundalk v Sligo Rovers | League Round 04 | Monday 04 March 19.45

Forum to discuss home games

Moderators: Duffman, eamoss, Gearóid Bellew

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Dundalk v Sligo Rovers | League Round 04 | Monday 04 March 19.45

Post by oldfogey »

At least we know this won't be called off because of the pitch.
bigalan
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Dundalk v Sligo Rovers | League Round 04 | Monday 04 March 19.45

Post by bigalan »

Probably a good thing last nights match called off as it gives us another few days rest that Sligo havnt got and we are not coming on the back of a poor result in Dalymount. Id expect Durrant to start and for us to go hell for leather eary doors. Get the crowd encouraged early on and I think we will be fine. A must win in my opinion after last weeks debacle
niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 »

bigalan wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:38 am Probably a good thing last nights match called off as it gives us another few days rest that Sligo havnt got and we are not coming on the back of a poor result in Dalymount. Id expect Durrant to start and for us to go hell for leather eary doors. Get the crowd encouraged early on and I think we will be fine. A must win in my opinion after last weeks debacle
I wasn't at the game last week and didn't see it. However was it really a debacle? Are we assuming we have a God given right to beat Galway? They might not have many titles, but they have serious financial backing behind them, and also a very very seasoned and experienced management team who have won league titles as managers, fair cups infact the double. They are joint top of the league maybe we are demanding more than we should against a side like Galway who really ran away with the first division title last season? They hammered us in the cup last season. Yes we would have expected to win, but that doesn't always transmit into what happens on the pitch.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.
bigalan
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by bigalan »

niall_hearty2000 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:45 am
bigalan wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:38 am Probably a good thing last nights match called off as it gives us another few days rest that Sligo havnt got and we are not coming on the back of a poor result in Dalymount. Id expect Durrant to start and for us to go hell for leather eary doors. Get the crowd encouraged early on and I think we will be fine. A must win in my opinion after last weeks debacle
I wasn't at the game last week and didn't see it. However was it really a debacle? Are we assuming we have a God given right to beat Galway? They might not have many titles, but they have serious financial backing behind them, and also a very very seasoned and experienced management team who have won league titles as managers, fair cups infact the double. They are joint top of the league maybe we are demanding more than we should against a side like Galway who really ran away with the first division title last season? They hammered us in the cup last season. Yes we would have expected to win, but that doesn't always transmit into what happens on the pitch.
[/uote]

After a fantastic display and result against the strongest squad in the league (by far), I expected a much better display V Galway. Yes you are right about them having investment and a decent management team but we arnt exactly paupers in the wage department either. I said coming out of Talaght that our point and effort that night would be all in vain if we failed to beat Galway. We simply HAVE to win our home games. Only games Ill accept not winnig at home will be Rovers and Derry.
TrevDaRev2
Reserves
Reserves

Post by TrevDaRev2 »

Very early in the year to declare any match a must win but I hear what you're saying. If we get 3 points its a big win given Sligo look like they'll be direct rivals this season. A loss and it just fuels the negativity following on from the Galway game.
Johnnybegood33
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Johnnybegood33 »

Cmon The Town .
Last edited by Johnnybegood33 on Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by dundalkfc1903 »

5 minutes before kick off and a worryingly low crowd in oriel
Pepsi
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Pepsi »

This is a feckin piss take. How long will BA give SOD with performances like this?
dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by dundalkfc1903 »

Has to be O'Donnell's last game. A complete farce
Richie87
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Richie87 »

Houston, we have a problem..
Johnnybegood33
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Johnnybegood33 »

That’s it lads , big changes needed . Bring on Cherrie .
Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Louth4sam »

dundalkfc1903 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:41 pm 5 minutes before kick off and a worryingly low crowd in oriel
Monday night in pissing rain always gonna knock hundreds off the gate, anyone that didn't bother will more feel justified and it can be hard to win these fans back
"Absentee ownership doesn't work" - Jordan Gardner 21/12/2020
tip on
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by tip on »

Sevens need to collect SoD.
niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 »

dundalkfc1903 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:41 pm 5 minutes before kick off and a worryingly low crowd in oriel
It's about to get even smaller in second half
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.
seand
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by seand »

I won't comment on that performance right now, Holy fukking fukk, but the aubs are standing around or randomly kicking balls at halftime. It's a small thing but such a simple thing and a sign of complacency, laziness, lack of professionalism, lack of pride, lack of attention to detail. No surprise given the absolute sh1tshow on and off the pitch