Next manager

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, eamoss, Gearóid Bellew

Hull White
Reserves
Reserves

Re: Next manager

Post by Hull White »

Dreaming lads, great player but just hasn’t got it as a manager. If him and his staff stay much longer we are staring relegation in the face.
Richie87
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Richie87 »

A new manager would still have the same problems in the attacking areas. 22 league games before the summer break.
mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by mike »

southerncomfort wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:59 am a panicked managerial change now could be a spiral to relegation.

didn't garts etc not take credit for the 2019 fight back?
sounded easy in the autobiography .

all we need to a bit of whatever that was .
Better players and a dynamic front 3 of Duffy - Hoban - Kelly now all in Derry was a large part of that !!!

Whatever the reasons, starting the negative talks with PH / allowing it to fester / then allowing him to virtually just walk was a dreadful mistake and poorly managed by the club, and I would be thinking SOD has a lot to answer for there. Players can leave when contracts are up, this guy was our player, we allowed it to happen.
colymull
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by colymull »

I wonder would John O'Shea fancy a job in the LOI??!! He might look at what Duff is doing and see that as a way into full-time management. We could do a lot worse. In fact, we have a lot worse at the minute!!
Shedtillwedie
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Shedtillwedie »

Pepsi wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:28 am The question is and remains ... do the club have the finaces to part with SOD or is BA living in hope that it will all come good? Regardless of which one, I do not see SOD turning the ship ... would however love to see an auld head put in beside him if he is to remain. He seems to need that guideance.
In fairness to BA, he seems like a determined individual and comes across like he will get things done. He has done some quick wins around the ground (obviously a lot more to come), and has dispensed of what appears to a less than functional ops department. Attention will now turn to getting on the field matters right after stabilising the off the field mess.

I think regardless of what happens these next 2 games, SOD time is up. The players seem to have completely downed tools and look lost.

Wonder if thats why Garts himself was with King Kenny in the Crowne Plaza yesterday morning................................................................
Philistine
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Philistine »

colymull wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:25 pm I wonder would John O'Shea fancy a job in the LOI??!! He might look at what Duff is doing and see that as a way into full-time management. We could do a lot worse. In fact, we have a lot worse at the minute!!
He's going to be the next Ireland manager ,, sure he's done class stuff with 0% win record according to the Kenny naysayers
Philistine
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Philistine »

Shedtillwedie wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:49 pm
Pepsi wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:28 am The question is and remains ... do the club have the finaces to part with SOD or is BA living in hope that it will all come good? Regardless of which one, I do not see SOD turning the ship ... would however love to see an auld head put in beside him if he is to remain. He seems to need that guideance.
In fairness to BA, he seems like a determined individual and comes across like he will get things done. He has done some quick wins around the ground (obviously a lot more to come), and has dispensed of what appears to a less than functional ops department. Attention will now turn to getting on the field matters right after stabilising the off the field mess.

I think regardless of what happens these next 2 games, SOD time is up. The players seem to have completely downed tools and look lost.

Wonder if thats why Garts himself was with King Kenny in the Crowne Plaza yesterday morning................................................................
I'm sure the 2 lads have probably kept in touch and met up etc over last 4 years, nothing to see here (hope I'm wrong mind!)
Richie87
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Richie87 »

colymull wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:25 pm I wonder would John O'Shea fancy a job in the LOI??!! He might look at what Duff is doing and see that as a way into full-time management. We could do a lot worse. In fact, we have a lot worse at the minute!!
The League of Ireland route should appeal to some with no experience after Duff taking a job. Curtis Fleming is looking to get in to management.
Shedtillwedie
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Shedtillwedie »

Philistine wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:00 pm

I'm sure the 2 lads have probably kept in touch and met up etc over last 4 years, nothing to see here (hope I'm wrong mind!)
You have been wrong about quite a lot MR C, I mean P.......
The Ridge
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by The Ridge »

He hasn't got rid of all the underperforming ops. 2/3 still there who should have no business being near the club and one of them has been mentioned by yourself.
Unfortunately there is no chance of SK returning, why would he? If he turned down Bohemian FC for a start what in the lords name would he be doing comin near us? Plus, I wouldn't believe that Garts would have the autonomy to even suggest a potential new manager.
The club is losing money by the second and the debts and situation are WORSE than being portrayed. Best we can hope for is that we have a club come November.
Dundalk10
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Dundalk10 »

The Ridge wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:31 pm He hasn't got rid of all the underperforming ops. 2/3 still there who should have no business being near the club and one of them has been mentioned by yourself.
Unfortunately there is no chance of SK returning, why would he? If he turned down Bohemian FC for a start what in the lords name would he be doing comin near us? Plus, I wouldn't believe that Garts would have the autonomy to even suggest a potential new manager.

The club is losing money by the second and the debts and situation are WORSE than being portrayed. Best we can hope for is that we have a club come November.
Re your last paragraph, I heard the exact same thing from someone with a knowledge of what is going on.
The club is currently an absolute shambles, and despite the endless drivel being posted here by you know who, we could be facing a points deduction or fine for non payment of wages or bonuses. Plenty of clubs have before.
I think Rogers tried to allude to this recently, with his remarks about everyone needing to stick together, but we will be doing well to get to the end of the season. That is the sad reality.
Thesquareend
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Thesquareend »

fans saying tonight at half time that we were very good in the first 45,we are toothless.I looked at the management tonight and Stephen is backed up by what exactly?young chap the analyst,should he not be at the drogheda game to earn his keep?burns is a academy coach…I hear gartland is telling people in coffee shops he didn’t pick the players,well he must be cutting the grass in oriel…get your axe out Brian Ainscough and start swinging.
Hull White
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Hull White »

One word ………Garbage! To be fair, if that Shelbourne side are top, the league has gone backwards!
Shedtillwedie
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Shedtillwedie »

Who do we go & get as Head Coach? Genuinely (Please do not say Stephen Kenny as we haven't a shilling)

Gartland & a pro licence coach? PLEASE HELP US.

Also sorry to bring up Pat Hoban again - Stevie went with his style of play reason, the "BROTHERS" played the wages card & our head administrator slagged Pat as being a disruptive influence (fond of talking in coffee shops the same fella as pointed out here by somebody else)

Andy Boyle (who is a great fella but past his best I think) was on the same money as Pat for the last few seasons.

The club is broken, but fixable. The club was poisoned by a few people that have thankfully moved on.

I can't see how we turn this around. I love Stevie but he has lost the dressing room. And the plot.

Stevie
Padge
Gartland
Recruitment Analyst

CLOSE THE DOOR
Thesquareend
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Thesquareend »

Shedtillwedie wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:39 pm Who do we go & get as Head Coach? Genuinely (Please do not say Stephen Kenny as we haven't a shilling)

Gartland & a pro licence coach? PLEASE HELP US.

Also sorry to bring up Pat Hoban again - Stevie went with his style of play reason, the "BROTHERS" played the wages card & our head administrator slagged Pat as being a disruptive influence (fond of talking in coffee shops the same fella as pointed out here by somebody else)

Andy Boyle (who is a great fella but past his best I think) was on the same money as Pat for the last few seasons.

The club is broken, but fixable. The club was poisoned by a few people that have thankfully moved on.

I can't see how we turn this around. I love Stevie but he has lost the dressing room. And the plot.

Stevie
Padge
Gartland
Recruitment Analyst

CLOSE THE DOOR
So let me get this right ..we have a recruitment analyst too?????mother of god.