Next manager

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, eamoss, Gearóid Bellew

Hull White
Reserves
Reserves

Re: Next manager

Post by Hull White »

Richie87 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:09 pm
colymull wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:25 pm I wonder would John O'Shea fancy a job in the LOI??!! He might look at what Duff is doing and see that as a way into full-time management. We could do a lot worse. In fact, we have a lot worse at the minute!!
The League of Ireland route should appeal to some with no experience after Duff taking a job. Curtis Fleming is looking to get in to management.
Let Curtis learn at someone else’s expense. I for one have seen enough of apprentice managers!
Richie87
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Richie87 »

Hull White wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:56 pm
colymull wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:25 pm I wonder would John O'Shea fancy a job in the LOI??!! He might look at what Duff is doing and see that as a way into full-time management. We could do a lot worse. In fact, we have a lot worse at the minute!!
The League of Ireland route should appeal to some with no experience after Duff taking a job. Curtis Fleming is looking to get in to management.
Let Curtis learn at someone else’s expense. I for one have seen enough of apprentice managers!
There won't be many lining up to take it. Maybe Roddy Collins will throw his name in the mix,through the Star . Roddy with Pat Dolan as assistant. The cultured duo in Gucci suits.
Shedtillwedie
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Shedtillwedie »

Recruitment and Performance combined I am led to believe. Reports directly to Gartland apparently.

Our media team posted this on Jan 19th 2023;

Gartland will work closely with the club’s owners, board and head coach Stephen O’Donnell on all aspects of football-related activities, including player recruitment, scouting, analysis, technical and medical support, player welfare and planning.

“I’m absolutely delighted to extend my stay at the club in a role that I’m really excited about,” Gartland told dundalkfc.com. “The current focus now is to work with Stephen to bring in new additions and create an environment for the first-team to be successful.”

The 36-year-old’s remit will also be to develop and implement long-term structures across all football-related aspects of the club, including the club’s academy.

I ask myself, how is that going for Stevie & Brian?

For those of you on facebook, go to our latest post & see what Connor Malley's mother has to say about the shambolic administration of our club this past few years.

Venting a bit now, but for come on now, professional negligence, jobs for the boys and gross under performance from top to bottom.
Shedtillwedie
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Shedtillwedie »

Richie87 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:03 pm

There won't be many lining up to take it. Maybe Roddy Collins will throw his name in the mix,through the Star . Roddy with Pat Dolan as assistant. The cultured duo in Gucci suits.
This gave me a right chuckle as a frustrated passenger on the way home from Tolka! Best dressed team in the league
AMC
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by AMC »

Shedtillwedie wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:04 pm For those of you on facebook, go to our latest post & see what Connor Malley's mother has to say about the shambolic administration of our club this past few years.
Terrible if true, and I am not having a hard time believing it. If the owners were carrying on like that how can we expect to attract players, let alone retain them.
Thesquareend
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Thesquareend »

AMC wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:20 pm
Shedtillwedie wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:04 pm For those of you on facebook, go to our latest post & see what Connor Malley's mother has to say about the shambolic administration of our club this past few years.
Terrible if true, and I am not having a hard time believing it. If the owners were carrying on like that how can we expect to attract players, let alone retain them.
Which owners?? Why doesn’t Ainscough tell us what he took over then maybe we can understand.
AMC
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by AMC »

Thesquareend wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:27 pm
Which owners?? Why doesn’t Ainscough tell us what he took over then maybe we can understand.
I don't think he understood the mess he took over. It can be fixed, but it will not be easy.
Wexford White
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Wexford White »

I thought Curtis was managing in India or somewhere in the East
The Back of the Wall
They come in packs of 5 - and I need 6
Hull White
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Hull White »

That’s about far enough for him to be away from us!
Hull White
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Hull White »

That’s about far enough for him to be away from us!
Richie87
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Richie87 »

Wexford White wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:56 pm

I thought Curtis was managing in India or somewhere in the East
He's assistant manager at Charlton.
colymull
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by colymull »

"You have to ask this of your owners, I don’t want to delve but my son left because they didn’t honour his contract I had to end up paying for a massive cost"

This is the comment Conor Malleys mother put on FB. I get that the club may not have honoured his contract, as she puts it, and so it may be him that is seeking legal advice. What I don't get is her "paying for a massive cost"
He left us and went straight to Sligo, so I don't think he was out of pocket for too long, if at all.
niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 »

colymull wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:45 am
"You have to ask this of your owners, I don’t want to delve but my son left because they didn’t honour his contract I had to end up paying for a massive cost"

This is the comment Conor Malleys mother put on FB. I get that the club may not have honoured his contract, as she puts it, and so it may be him that is seeking legal advice. What I don't get is her "paying for a massive cost"
He left us and went straight to Sligo, so I don't think he was out of pocket for too long, if at all.
And I would imagine their accommodation is free as there are various houses around town that the players live together in. Bottom line is the contracts should always be honoured. It is a basic requirement and reflects very poorly on the club. Would you join us if you heard about this? The future looks bleak at the moment.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.
oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by oldfogey »

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

Players on multi-year deals regularly leave mid contract "by mutual consent". That can be
  • paying an agreed lump sum so the player becomes a free agent
  • letting the player's agent look for a new club while still on the books, and agreeing a figure where there is a reduction in pay.
This is just another PH story, the difference is no-one was bothered about him leaving. No disrespect to Mrs Malley, but she doesn't come across as someone who understands the technicalities of player registration and contractual/licensing obligations. We would never have been given a licence if we just offloaded someone and tore up their contract.

A player's mother once tried to explain(dictate) to me how some of his pay should be outside of the PAYE system. That was a short phone call.
Shedtillwedie
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Shedtillwedie »

oldfogey wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:21 am A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

Players on multi-year deals regularly leave mid contract "by mutual consent". That can be
  • paying an agreed lump sum so the player becomes a free agent
  • letting the player's agent look for a new club while still on the books, and agreeing a figure where there is a reduction in pay.
This is just another PH story, the difference is no-one was bothered about him leaving. No disrespect to Mrs Malley, but she doesn't come across as someone who understands the technicalities of player registration and contractual/licensing obligations. We would never have been given a licence if we just offloaded someone and tore up their contract.

A player's mother once tried to explain(dictate) to me how some of his pay should be outside of the PAYE system. That was a short phone call.

Plenty of arrogance & disrespect there. Good man. & the licence was granted before Malley left.