Next manager

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, eamoss, Gearóid Bellew

Pepsi
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: Next manager

Post by Pepsi »

What I would love to see is BA coming up with a name no one knows .... someone from the US, Holland, Finland or where ever. A manager/trainer who has a plan for not only the first team but someone who understands how to position the youth systems to bring players into the first team.
southerncomfort
Reserves
Reserves

Post by southerncomfort »

Pepsi wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 6:09 pm What I would love to see is BA coming up with a name no one knows .... someone from the US, Holland, Finland or where ever. A manager/trainer who has a plan for not only the first team but someone who understands how to position the youth systems to bring players into the first team.
like a dutch noel king
Richie87
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Richie87 »

Pepsi
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Pepsi »

southerncomfort wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 8:08 pm
Pepsi wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 6:09 pm What I would love to see is BA coming up with a name no one knows .... someone from the US, Holland, Finland or where ever. A manager/trainer who has a plan for not only the first team but someone who understands how to position the youth systems to bring players into the first team.
like a dutch noel king
If I am honest, I couldnt give a flying fcuk if it is a Dutch Noel King or a North Korean ..... it has to be someone who understands something about football, setting up a club and a youth system from scratch. Very few in Ireland who would have experience at managing a club from a youth system up to and including a first team. Reason I said Holland is because it is a normal setup over there .... youth teams play a set system with the intention of fine tuning them for first team football. Some of the best academies in Europe ... mostly run on a budget or together with the local community.
Philistine
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Philistine »

southerncomfort wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 10:04 am
Philistine wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 12:56 am
southerncomfort wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 9:25 pm
not the popular choice with jounos, agents or fans ( sod was preferred in 2022)
but would make a lot of sense ( short term contract reviewed end of season ) vp fully tuned into the league and if willing to do it , should bite his hand off.
And finished joint 2nd after Vinny had them 6th.
Not sure why you keep suggesting Vinny and harping on about agents, journos etc??
Calls for Vinny to come back equate to pure lunacy...
(2022 was 3rd but who cares about facts)
vp was the ***4th manager*** to have a go in 2021. he came in at relegation level, AFTER phillipo / shane / magilton had a go and other deals had collapsed becuase so many high calibre didn't fancy the gig. and we were heading for relegation.
6th was an achievement , not to mention a decent european display including AZ Alkmaar . new local owners didn't like his perceived p6 connections, noises from some now departed friends who were looking to build their own careers, and his player budget demands so went for sod, causing hundreds of thousands of euro in high court costs and issues with pats.
but to be fair to sod got 3rd the next season and showed he's a very good coach. so proved to be a good decision for 1 years. well done statspor for their astuteness there
That's why I said JOINT 2nd which is a fact! And that was after P6 and their yes-man Vinny had left the club in a mess with just one player signed up (Boyler iirc). Also in 2021 we didn't slip into the relegation spots until Vinny came in (defeat in Sligo I think) but who cares about facts ;)
condor
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by condor »

I really don't understand the hatred and hostility towards Vinny Perth, especially as it's based on hearsay and rumour. Perth is a
League Winning coach AND a League Winning manager. His record speaks for itself and he has the medals to prove it.
mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by mike »

Seemingly we might have white smoke, heard earlier could be Ian Baraclough announced and as early as tomorrow, with a ex Sligo and FH captain as his assistant.
Towelie
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Towelie »

mike wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 9:25 pm Seemingly we might have white smoke, heard earlier could be Ian Baraclough announced and as early as tomorrow, with a ex Sligo and FH captain as his assistant.
Rafael Cretaro?
Lilywhite29
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Lilywhite29 »

mike wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 9:25 pm Seemingly we might have white smoke, heard earlier could be Ian Baraclough announced and as early as tomorrow, with a ex Sligo and FH captain as his assistant.
Gavin Peers was in Oriel on Friday? Recently left Longford as Henderson's number two. Democrat this morning certainly pointing towards Baraclough.
Philistine
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Philistine »

condor wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 9:05 pm I really don't understand the hatred and hostility towards Vinny Perth, especially as it's based on hearsay and rumour. Perth is a
League Winning coach AND a League Winning manager. His record speaks for itself and he has the medals to prove it.
Hatred a strong word..
I'm sure Vinny is a decent guy but not the man to take us forward, There's a reason he didn't find work after the P6 fiasco
mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by mike »

Towelie wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 9:44 pm
Rafael Cretaro?
Seemingly (great word) its Gavin Peers as No 2.
BigChief
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by BigChief »

I think Baraclough would be a great appointment & I hope Burns is kept on as coach.

It’s been a quiet few days, we aren’t used to this normality.
southerncomfort
Reserves
Reserves

Post by southerncomfort »

if it's baraclough that's very good news! and owner deserves credit for landing it , it will have been a big sell
dundog21
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by dundog21 »

southerncomfort wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 11:40 pm if it's baraclough that's very good news! and owner deserves credit for landing it , it will have been a big sell
Pity he had to make a hames of a recruitment process first to get to this.
dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by dundalkfc1903 »

who is the large gentleman that has been on the bench recently, wearing a great tracksuit and giving instructions.