Next manager

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, eamoss, Gearóid Bellew

Martin Lawlor80
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: Next manager

Post by Martin Lawlor80 »

Sorry lads but there’s some crying on here about this . Barraclough and Kenny are not coming in the near future and people floating that just gets everybodys’s hopes up and then dashed which leads to more whinging. NK is not going to be sacked after 4 games. Doolin might at least get us organised and hard to beat and maybe stop giving away stupid goals.
I’m not happy about the situation either but I’m willing to give King and his assistant a reasonable amount of time. I’d agree NK has to up his media performances though and show us he cares
Richie87
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Richie87 »

mike wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 4:11 pm
Towelie wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 3:10 pm I think people might have been of the impression that King would be getting moved to an upstairs role, perhaps the Head of Football Operations gig. Can't see it myself, but it would make more sense.
If he had to stay (and I see no reason why he should, he's clearly not capable) any role away from the bench would be better than having him as manager.

If Doolin joins they will have a combined age of 128, I honestly thought Doolin wad older than 61, but there you. If its Bucko the combo age will be 131!

All for age inclusion and best person for the role etc, but this is a young mans game now in LOI, look at the profile ages of the other coaches, this is grandfather stuff, and we could have got the Godfather if some reports were to be believed.
John Caulfield and Ollie Horgan would be in the older bracket. Maybe not as old as King and Buckley though. Doolin wouldn't be afraid to give them a rollicking if it was him.
niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 »

JQoriel wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 5:07 pm
mike wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 4:11 pm
Towelie wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 3:10 pm I think people might have been of the impression that King would be getting moved to an upstairs role, perhaps the Head of Football Operations gig. Can't see it myself, but it would make more sense.
If he had to stay (and I see no reason why he should, he's clearly not capable) any role away from the bench would be better than having him as manager.

If Doolin joins they will have a combined age of 128, I honestly thought Doolin wad older than 61, but there you. If its Bucko the combo age will be 131!

All for age inclusion and best person for the role etc, but this is a young mans game now in LOI, look at the profile ages of the other coaches, this is grandfather stuff, and we could have got the Godfather if some reports were to be believed.
If Doolin was coming in and was running the show, I'd be more confident than having king making big decisions. The football will be shite but he's won a league and cup at least, its a better CV than some. Very confusing times all the same.
Buckley has league title on his cv as well but neither is looking to the future which is gonna be very bleak with that management team
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.
mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by mike »

Martin Lawlor80 wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 5:45 pm Sorry lads but there’s some crying on here about this . Barraclough and Kenny are not coming in the near future and people floating that just gets everybodys’s hopes up and then dashed which leads to more whinging. NK is not going to be sacked after 4 games. Doolin might at least get us organised and hard to beat and maybe stop giving away stupid goals.
I’m not happy about the situation either but I’m willing to give King and his assistant a reasonable amount of time. I’d agree NK has to up his media performances though and show us he cares
I think I recall after the gutting 90+5 min defeat to 10 man Drogs, one of his post match lines was 'It was an exciting match wasn't it'

God help us.
Philistine
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Philistine »

If Doolin comes in as per Gerry Malone's tweet then I officially give up.
Pepsi
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Pepsi »

Philistine wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 6:35 pm If Doolin comes in as per Gerry Malone's tweet then I officially give up.
A lad just sent me a message telling me that Big G was tweeting that Buckley was in Oriel this morning and that he will be getting it .....

Being serious lads, if King is now the manager, surely we have to accept that he will want to pick his assistant, someone he has to work with on a daily basis.
southerncomfort
Reserves
Reserves

Post by southerncomfort »

doolin better than what we have right now , and what we had last week . certainly better than fancy ex player with no experience.

It's not perfect but at least he has a cv and won't have fawning agents and journalists running rings around him

would much prefer cronin or a 3rd return of perth , but if not happening, doolin a step in the right direction
Rossco
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Rossco »

southerncomfort wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 8:10 pm doolin better than what we have right now , and what we had last week . certainly better than fancy ex player with no experience.

It's not perfect but at least he has a cv and won't have fawning agents and journalists running rings around him

would much prefer cronin or a 3rd return of perth , but if not happening, doolin a step in the right direction
GILLER NOBODY WANTS PERTH YOU ABSOLUTE MADMAN 😂😂😂
southerncomfort
Reserves
Reserves

Post by southerncomfort »

(#we'reallgiller)
no one wants to be in the 1st division*

(*most)
seand
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by seand »

Liam Buckley the latest name to be linked, by Dan McD, so possibly a bit more in it than some of the rumours flying around.
Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Louth4sam »

seand wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 9:55 am Liam Buckley the latest name to be linked, by Dan McD, so possibly a bit more in it than some of the rumours flying around.
James Rogers said it was offered to him on his podcast.
"Absentee ownership doesn't work" - Jordan Gardner 21/12/2020
TrevDaRev2
Reserves
Reserves

Post by TrevDaRev2 »

Buckley sounds all but done as assistant to King. Think we have to accept that reality now and move on from what has been one of the madest months at the club in recent memory
Mick Mac
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Mick Mac »

TrevDaRev2 wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 11:12 am Buckley sounds all but done as assistant to King. Think we have to accept that reality now and move on from what has been one of the madest months at the club in recent memory
move on to the first division, cant wait

Shambles of an ownership so far..Gives his mate the job who then appoints one his best mate as assistant (the same man who couldn't save cork last season)
When i see you dundalk, I just cant enough, I Just cant get enough
TrevDaRev2
Reserves
Reserves

Post by TrevDaRev2 »

Mick Mac wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 11:35 am
TrevDaRev2 wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 11:12 am Buckley sounds all but done as assistant to King. Think we have to accept that reality now and move on from what has been one of the madest months at the club in recent memory

Shambles of an ownership so far..Gives his mate the job who then appoints one his best mate as assistant (the same man who couldn't save cork last season)
Relegation was a reality before King came in, the building blocks were in place with the squad. SOD and Garts have now paid the ultimate price for that. Agree NK wouldn't be my choice and wasn't handled well but crying about changes nothing. Its done whether we like it or not and its not gonna be reversed. That decision aside i think his ownership has been very much a positive. He's making a lot of moves off the pitch. Least if we do go down we might put oursleves in a position to come straight back up
Mick Mac
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Mick Mac »

TrevDaRev2 wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 11:44 am
Mick Mac wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 11:35 am

Relegation was a reality before King came in, the building blocks were in place with the squad. SOD and Garts have now paid the ultimate price for that. Agree NK wouldn't be my choice and wasn't handled well but crying about changes nothing. Its done whether we like it or not and its not gonna be reversed. That decision aside i think his ownership has been very much a positive. He's making a lot of moves off the pitch. Least if we do go down we might put oursleves in a position to come straight back up
Why was relegation a reality? We have a new manager who for 3 games now has sat on the bench letting BG (who has no coaching qualifications) to manage the team.

Its a shitshow on and off the pitch. Staff members have left under Ainscough, more will leave from what im hearing and word is Davies and a few more are looking out in the summer as training has been described as a shambles
When i see you dundalk, I just cant enough, I Just cant get enough