Next manager

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, eamoss, Gearóid Bellew

TrevDaRev2
Reserves
Reserves

Re: Next manager

Post by TrevDaRev2 »

Mick Mac wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 11:47 am
TrevDaRev2 wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 11:44 am
Mick Mac wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 11:35 am

move on to the first division, cant wait

Shambles of an ownership so far..Gives his mate the job who then appoints one his best mate as assistant (the same man who couldn't save cork last season)
Relegation was a reality before King came in, the building blocks were in place with the squad. SOD and Garts have now paid the ultimate price for that. Agree NK wouldn't be my choice and wasn't handled well but crying about changes nothing. Its done whether we like it or not and its not gonna be reversed. That decision aside i think his ownership has been very much a positive. He's making a lot of moves off the pitch. Least if we do go down we might put oursleves in a position to come straight back up
Why was relegation a reality? We have a new manager who for 3 games now has sat on the bench letting BG (who has no coaching qualifications) to manage the team.

Its a shitshow on and off the pitch. Staff members have left under Ainscough, more will leave from what im hearing and word is Davies and a few more are looking out in the summer as training has been described as a shambles
Relegation was a reality because we hadn't won a game and therefore hadn't a lot of points which has us in 10th, which is an automatic relegation place. NK came in, and he, or Garts, or whoever took 4 points in their first 2 games. Staff members have been fired, others have been appointed. Not sure I'd call fixing the floodlights or making the YDC fire compliant is neccessarily shambles territory. If players are looking out in summer that says more about them jumpin ship because they're in a battle.

Sorry i don't buy you trying to lay blame at BAs feet when its an outworking of 2 decades of mismanagement. He's only in the door. I'd be critical of NK appointment but anything beyond that comes across as personalised or worse again deluded

The picture youre trying to paint of it being all sunshine and rainbows until BA came along sounds ridiculous
Gullans
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Gullans »

TrevDaRev2 wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 12:02 pm

Relegation was a reality before King came in, the building blocks were in place with the squad. SOD and Garts have now paid the ultimate price for that. Agree NK wouldn't be my choice and wasn't handled well but crying about changes nothing. Its done whether we like it or not and its not gonna be reversed. That decision aside i think his ownership has been very much a positive. He's making a lot of moves off the pitch. Least if we do go down we might put oursleves in a position to come straight back up
Why was relegation a reality? We have a new manager who for 3 games now has sat on the bench letting BG (who has no coaching qualifications) to manage the team.

Its a shitshow on and off the pitch. Staff members have left under Ainscough, more will leave from what im hearing and word is Davies and a few more are looking out in the summer as training has been described as a shambles
Relegation was a reality because we hadn't won a game and therefore hadn't a lot of points which has us in 10th, which is an automatic relegation place. NK came in, and he, or Garts, or whoever took 4 points in their first 2 games. Staff members have been fired, others have been appointed. Not sure I'd call fixing the floodlights or making the YDC fire compliant is neccessarily shambles territory. If players are looking out in summer that says more about them jumpin ship because they're in a battle.

Sorry i don't buy you trying to lay blame at BAs feet when its an outworking of 2 decades of mismanagement. He's only in the door. I'd be critical of NK appointment but anything beyond that comes across as personalised or worse again deluded

The picture youre trying to paint of it being all sunshine and rainbows until BA came along sounds ridiculous
I think the unfortunate truth about the whole situation is ,things are going to get worse before they get better ,and we may have to go down to come back up
Hopefully BA stays for this process
Martin Lawlor80
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Martin Lawlor80 »

SPOT ON

Best post on OrielWeb in a while.
Richie87
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Richie87 »

Shelbourne and Cork City are some of the clubs in the past who were mismanaged . Shelbourne were a force in the early 2000s and then were throwing money around and almost went bankrupt. They spent a good while in the first Division. They are back as a force now and getting house in order off the field with Tolka Park
Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Louth4sam »

I've posted on another thread about the YDC. Getting that up and running could be huge for the club if and it's a big if, it is run properly. The YDC could produce revenue streams for both match and non match nights that none of our rivals have. There was such excitement when it was built but it rapidly became a bit of a white elephant. There was some improvements made to the centre under Peak6 that went into the playing side, gym, TV room, canteen etc. but there is so so much untapped potential there. Looking at the effort that BA is going about getting this up and running along with what seems to be very shrewd commercial appointments and his ability to bring in investment has me feeling very confident about the non football side of the club. The side that is critically important and often neglected. But.....

WE ARE A FOOTBALL CLUB! We can't forget that and NEED to get the football decisions right. Appointing King is a serious lapse of judgement by Ainscough. No matter what way I look at it, it doesn't make any sense. He obviously sees something in him that none of the rest of us do and I fail to see what that is. The facts are he hasn't managed in the league in over 20 years and even then his record isn't something you'd be excited about. His record with the ladies and U21s is average at best. Would love to sit down with Ainscough and get a proper explanation.
"Absentee ownership doesn't work" - Jordan Gardner 21/12/2020
Oriel O'Shea
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Oriel O'Shea »

Louth4sam wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 2:53 pm

I've posted on another thread about the YDC. Getting that up and running could be huge for the club if and it's a big if, it is run properly. The YDC could produce revenue streams for both match and non match nights that none of our rivals have. There was such excitement when it was built but it rapidly became a bit of a white elephant. There was some improvements made to the centre under Peak6 that went into the playing side, gym, TV room, canteen etc. but there is so so much untapped potential there. Looking at the effort that BA is going about getting this up and running along with what seems to be very shrewd commercial appointments and his ability to bring in investment has me feeling very confident about the non football side of the club. The side that is critically important and often neglected. But.....

WE ARE A FOOTBALL CLUB! We can't forget that and NEED to get the football decisions right. Appointing King is a serious lapse of judgement by Ainscough. No matter what way I look at it, it doesn't make any sense. He obviously sees something in him that none of the rest of us do and I fail to see what that is. The facts are he hasn't managed in the league in over 20 years and even then his record isn't something you'd be excited about. His record with the ladies and U21s is average at best. Would love to sit down with Ainscough and get a proper explanation.
Very fair take. Progress off the field. Regression on it. Miracle if King and Buckley can get this team going
Towelie
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Towelie »

King gone. Wow.
Towelie
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Towelie »

If he appoints Buckley or Doolin after this he's away in the head all together. Has a prime opportunity now to make the right appointment and get the supporters back on side.
colymull
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by colymull »

This has without doubt been the craziest week in the history of Dundalk FC. Club say Kong is leaving due to medical reasons, so I would wish him well on that front, but I can't say I'm disappointed. However, as was mentioned above, if Buckley or Doolin get the job, it's just out of the frying pan into the fire.
On a side note, I'd love to know what Gartland is thinking now!!!
Towelie
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Towelie »

To top it all off, Ainscough just told a supporter who quote tweeted the King announcement to "go f*ck yourself" before swiftly deleting it. This is bizarre.
mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by mike »

I was shocked to read this, now I do not want to appear contradictive, yes I wanted him gone, (didn't want him in the first place), but I did not want to see him leaving under these circumstances, no one would.

All probably need to take a moment and to wish him and his family the best of luck in the future, I was in a job for 6 weeks once, hated every single day, was so happy to get out of it, these things can happen.

Now the focus turns on who replaces him, and where does that leave the links with Buckley / Doolin who were initially sought to come in as no 2's.

What drama.
Dundalk10
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Dundalk10 »

mike wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 4:04 pm I was shocked to read this, now I do not want to appear contradictive, yes I wanted him gone, (didn't want him in the first place), but I did not want to see him leaving under these circumstances, no one would.

All probably need to take a moment and to wish him and his family the best of luck in the future, I was in a job for 6 weeks once, hated every single day, was so happy to get out of it, these things can happen.

Now the focus turns on who replaces him, and where does that leave the links with Buckley / Doolin who were initially sought to come in as no 2's.

What drama.
According to James Rogers, Ainscough called to Kenny's house to explain why gave King the job, wonder if he's heading back out to Blackrock this evening?
oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by oldfogey »

So, as things stand, it's Dave Mackey and Burnsie taking on Rovers. Even if someone else is appointed today, they won't be running the show on Friday night.
niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 »

Wishing Noel King all the best in life.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.
colymull
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by colymull »

Towelie wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 3:58 pm To top it all off, Ainscough just told a supporter who quote tweeted the King announcement to "go f*ck yourself" before swiftly deleting it. This is bizarre.
Just saw that, there's no way that can be real, can it??!!