Next manager

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, eamoss, Gearóid Bellew

Towelie
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: Next manager

Post by Towelie »

colymull wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 4:12 pm
Towelie wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 3:58 pm To top it all off, Ainscough just told a supporter who quote tweeted the King announcement to "go f*ck yourself" before swiftly deleting it. This is bizarre.
Just saw that, there's no way that can be real, can it??!!
Yeah it's real unfortunately, multiple screenshots of it. Nothing can be truly deleted on the internet.
Dundalk10
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Dundalk10 »

Towelie wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 3:58 pm To top it all off, Ainscough just told a supporter who quote tweeted the King announcement to "go f*ck yourself" before swiftly deleting it. This is bizarre.
Thought this might be a joke, but someone has screenshotted it under the Dundalk FC tweet - "Go F*** yourself U S***head" is not really what you expect to hear from a club's owner. Wouldn't be surprised if we're looking for a new owner soon.
Richie87
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Richie87 »

Between that and the incident in Drogheda it's pressure brewing up for Brian Ainscough. I wonder does he regret leaving Kerry
Goliath
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Goliath »

Holy mother of god , get this club to Hollywood there's millions to be made .
Towelie
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Towelie »

If he had sense (feel like I'm saying that a lot these days) he'd deactivate his twitter account and grow up. Not only do you give the rest of the leagues supporters the opportunity to twist the knife but you could potentially jeopardize potential investment with that sort of carry on.
Johnnybegood33
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Johnnybegood33 »

Close the toxic website , at least that would be positive .
Martin Lawlor80
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Martin Lawlor80 »

I wasn’t t happy with the NK appointment but I felt that he should be given a chance and 4 games is not a chance. I just hope he hasn’t resigned due to the stress he found himself under . I still believe that the 1903 open letter was a mistake and probably hasn’t helped the this situation. Best of luck in the future Noel.
Last edited by Martin Lawlor80 on Wed May 15, 2024 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Johnnybegood33
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Johnnybegood33 »

There is something very sinister going on , on this site. Are the posters properly vetted . They targeted 0’ Donnell , Garts , King , our owner . What is going on . Never anything positive . They must be having a right laugh , who ever they are . They are getting one head after the next . Two legends of men to the club like Garts & O’ Donnell , gone without even a fair well drink . Surely the toxicity on Oriel Web cannot be Dundalk supporters.,They will be happy when Brian Ainscough slings his hook & I wouldn’t blame him .
Last edited by Johnnybegood33 on Wed May 15, 2024 5:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Louth4sam »

It's not great but if he just got some bad news about a friend's health who is also in a pivotal role for his company I can see how he'd be passed off if a fan tagged him.

Not excusing it in any way.
"Absentee ownership doesn't work" - Jordan Gardner 21/12/2020
Richie87
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Richie87 »

Martin Lawlor80 wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 5:08 pm I wasn’t t happy with the NK appointment but I felt that he should be given a chance and 4 games is not a chance. I just hope he has resigned due to the stress he found himself under . I still believe that the 1903 open letter was a mistake and probably hasn’t helped the this situation. Best of luck in the future Noel.
The letter wouldn't helped. Noel King knew he wasn't a popular choice and then that appears. It has hardly helped with Investors either.
seand
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by seand »

What a club! Best wishes to Noel, managing Dundalk is not going to be good for anyone's health and stress levels.

Not sure why Buckley and Doolin are being bracketed together here. Apart from a bit of a season at Athlone and a bit of season at Portadown Doolin hasn't managed a club in 15 years. His only significant role was buying success at Drogheda. Buckley won the league in 2013 and cup 2014 and was a Premier Division manager from 2012 to 2022. He wouldn't be my first choice but a massive step up from King, Doolin, Gartland/Burns or Perth.
Johnnybegood33
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Johnnybegood33 »

What’s bizarre , is the toxicity on this site . Why don’t you talk about that & see who is behind it . Lob a grenade , disappear for a while , come back in a while , stir more shit . Has done untold damage to the great Dundalk Fc . They cannot be genuine supporters. I wish all the best to Noel King , & also to Stevie O Donnell & Brian Gartland .
ArFella
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by ArFella »

Johnnybegood33 wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 5:53 pm What’s bizarre , is the toxicity on this site . Why don’t you talk about that & see who is behind it . Lob a grenade , disappear for a while , come back in a while , stir more shit . Has done untold damage to the great Dundalk Fc . They cannot be genuine supporters. I wish all the best to Noel King , & also to Stevie O Donnell & Brian Gartland .
Johnny I typically enjoy your posts on here and appreciate your positive outlook on things, but you must realize that the club is in absolute shambles right now and it's likely a number of people at fault, but it certainly isn't the fault of the posters on OW, yes there is some wild opinions spouted here but nothing that has brought this managerial mess upon the club, this is entirely of BA's doing.
Mon the Town!
Richie87
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Richie87 »

Johnnybegood33 wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 5:53 pm What’s bizarre , is the toxicity on this site . Why don’t you talk about that & see who is behind it . Lob a grenade , disappear for a while , come back in a while , stir more shit . Has done untold damage to the great Dundalk Fc . They cannot be genuine supporters. I wish all the best to Noel King , & also to Stevie O Donnell & Brian Gartland .
It has done no damage. No different to talking in a pub.If you want a ban on things call out podcast's they have a national audience.
Midfield11
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Midfield11 »

If only oriel web had that much power😂😂😂