St Pats v Dundalk, Fri March 8

Forum to discuss home games

Moderators: Duffman, eamoss, Gearóid Bellew

seand
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

St Pats v Dundalk, Fri March 8

Post by seand »

Tickets email gone to members and ST holders. €24 adults, €19 for a teenager. To see Cammy Elliot.
niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Re: St Pats v Dundalk, Fri March 8

Post by niall_hearty2000 »

seand wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:19 pm Tickets email gone to members and ST holders. €24 adults, €19 for a teenager. To see Cammy Elliot.
Are U serious? That's a tip off. Equally €19 for a teenager is daylight robbery. My son is 13 should I pay €19 for him to go to a game in Ireland? Did he gets job that I don't know about once he turned 13? Anyone still in school shouldn't be paying anything like that
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.
seand
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by seand »

€20ish for a seat in the stand is OK, League of Ireland has been underpriced for a long time. 22 + 2 booking fee is pushing it, and bear in mind if the stand fills up you're paying 24 quid to stand in the rain on uncovered terrace behind the goal. The secondary school prices, as you say, are utterly ridiculous. 17quid + 2 booking fee for kids who are by definition not working and same for OAP. Same scam at Rovers. I'd buy the boy a kids ticket at a fiver +2 but at 15 he's 6 foot and shaving !

Buy your 13yo a kids ticket
niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

seand wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:37 pm €20ish for a seat in the stand is OK, League of Ireland has been underpriced for a long time. 22 + 2 booking fee is pushing it, and bear in mind if the stand fills up you're paying 24 quid to stand in the rain on uncovered terrace behind the goal. The secondary school prices, as you say, are utterly ridiculous. 17quid + 2 booking fee for kids who are by definition not working and same for OAP. Same scam at Rovers. I'd buy the boy a kids ticket at a fiver +2 but at 15 he's 6 foot and shaving !

Buy your 13yo a kids ticket
My 13 yr old is taller than me at 6ft 1 and still growing. People laugh when I say his age. But no way I would pay €19 for a ticket for a 13 yr old. I'd pay the kids ticket and argue my case if stopped. It's wrong. Any kid still at school shouldn't be paying €19. Well to be fair they aren't paying it. It's us as parents who are paying it.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.
seand
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by seand »

Like with Derry taking the piss with an away allocation of 75 it might be time for the league to step in with max prices for stand, uncovered, kids etc. Shels charging over 20 to stand uncovered behind a goal too with severely restricted view. Oriel is a hole but it's no worse than half the away ends
dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by dundalkfc1903 »

Almost impossible to pick a team for this

Munro
Davies Annelsey Boyle Muller
OKane Benson High Durrant
---------Horgan
McGuckin/Gullan

Hopefully Walker and Elliott are nowhere near the squad. Its shameful that they even got contracts for Dundalk.
seand
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by seand »

dundalkfc1903 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:07 pm Almost impossible to pick a team for this

Munro
OKane Benson High Durrant
---------Horgan
McGuckin/Gullan

Hopefully Walker and Elliott are nowhere near the squad. Its shameful that they even got contracts for Dundalk.
Yeh, it's a grim prospect. Munro, Davies, High, Paul Doyle and Horgan pick themselves, for me. Muller has to come in for Walker, Annesley and Boyle probably the only options in CD. Is Mahon injured still? I fear Elliot will start, but McGuckin and Gullan have done nothing to displace him. Then I need another couple of midfielders. Benson I suppose. And O'Kane.

Munro
Doyle High
OKane Benson Horgan
McGuckin
Martin Lawlor80
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Martin Lawlor80 »

I thought mcGuckan at least put himself about a bit when he came on.
Louie at least looked to play the ball forward.
Do we need to drop back 10yards when defending ? We seem to be very open and Mata was running into space for fun on Monday
mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by mike »

I'd play Benson left back, not sure (at the min) he has the legs for PD MF football.

Annesely not a bad shout in the middle with Boyle, but for me he needs to really step up and be more 'at it'.

Notice everyone gone for Munro !
mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by mike »

seand wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:19 pm Tickets email gone to members and ST holders. €24 adults, €19 for a teenager. To see Cammy Elliot.
I was amazed to see him start the other night, Fred Elliot would have done better, plus Eoin Kenny is a better option if you are going down that route of trying out strikers.

More you think of it, Hoban told he can go, Cammy gets a year deal, granted Martin leaving was pre new owner, but this is just madness from those 3, Cammy stays, the other 2 leave.
Midfield11
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Midfield11 »

mike wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:30 pm
I was amazed to see him start the other night, Fred Elliot would have done better, plus Eoin Kenny is a better option if you are going down that route of trying out strikers.

More you think of it, Hoban told he can go, Cammy gets a year deal, granted Martin leaving was pre new owner, but this is just madness from those 3, Cammy stays, the other 2 leave.
😂😂showing your age with the Fred Elliot comparison Mike, but have to agree.
BigChief
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by BigChief »

Il throw my hat at a lineup:
Munro

Davies
Boyle
Annessley
Muller

Benson
Doyle
High
Durrant
Horgan

McGuckin
holidaysong
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by holidaysong »

BigChief wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:53 pm Il throw my hat at a lineup:
Munro

Davies
Boyle
Annessley
Muller

Benson
Doyle
High
Durrant
Horgan

McGuckin
I think O'Kane might be in rather than Durrant but otherwise I think this will be pretty much the lineup too.
niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Confirmed line up
Munro
Davies
Annesley
Boyle
Muller
High
Bradshaw
Benson
Horgan
Gullan
McGuckan
Subs
Molloy GK
Oostenbrink
Mahon
O'Kane
Johnson
Elliott
Doyle
Durrant
Mountney
seand
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by seand »

Interesting to see Shelvey's not on the bench- did he get a knock? And Walker's not on the bench either. Mayowa missing too, but he shipped a knock on Monday. And how have we gone from Elliot being the sole striker to being on the bench behind 2 other strikers? Club captain is on the bench... there is hope ;-)