Dundalk vs Waterford 14.03.24 7.45

Forum to discuss home games

Moderators: Duffman, eamoss, Gearóid Bellew

Wexford White
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: Dundalk vs Waterford 14.03.24 7.45

Post by Wexford White »

Drifting from the main point but........................it was very hard to distinguish between the two teams on TV. Does LOITV or whoever covers the games not have a say on team colours?
The Back of the Wall
They come in packs of 5 - and I need 6
oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by oldfogey »

Wexford White wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:57 am Drifting from the main point but........................it was very hard to distinguish between the two teams on TV. Does LOITV or whoever covers the games not have a say on team colours?
The referee used to approve both teams' colours before the game but it was generally just rubber stamping, as the kitmen would have worked out in advance what was required. I note that the FAI Connect App now shows both kits - including goalkeepers - once the officials are named, obviously a number of days ahead of a game. This may, or course, be based on the official home and away kits already registered, or it may be that Abbotstown makes the call. Both sides would, however, be expected to have alternate kits available in case of an unexpected clash on the day, given that the referee still has the final say (Mr Buttimer was prone to have an issue with kits). The problem is that commercial demands can take centre stage with clubs wanting to wear their away kit to promote sales. I will make a point of asking Noel next time I see him.

Back to your question, I don't think any of the relevant parties give a jot about fans either in the ground or on TV, otherwise jerseys with impossible to read numbers would have been thrown out years ago.
GC.
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by GC. »

Much improved displa, and I hope it’s not papering over the chasm.

Zak in defence was so much better than Boyle.

I thought Muller was caught for speed a bit with the ball into the corner.

I was surprised to see McGuckin taken off. He was doing well.

Hard to see who is going to score goals for us.

What the hell got into Cregg for his sending off? He should get a lengthy ban for it.