Supporters Trust

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, eamoss, Gearóid Bellew

pingu1
Reserves
Reserves

Supporters Trust

Post by pingu1 »

Hi folks,

I’ve been floating idea around with a few people about the re-establishment of a legitimate supporters trust.

It’s always pained me that we’ve had no Trut since 2012 and even more so seeing how the likes of BORST are going at Sligo Rovers.
We obviously have supporters club and supporter groups who can continue to do their own thing, but think a Trust with a primary objective of fundraising could be a huge benefit to the club again. At least if substantial amounts are raised, the supporters can have a say in where or what projects the money goes towards.
I wanted to throw it in here to gauge the general interest in the idea?

Cheers
The only team for me.....
LilywhiteFC
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Supporters Trust

Post by LilywhiteFC »

This is a great idea. The 1903 want to help progress this.

FC.
dundog21
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by dundog21 »

Brilliant idea,I and many others would throw a few bones together to get away from these dim goons running the club.
Hull White
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Hull White »

pingu1 wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 11:48 pm Hi folks,

I’ve been floating idea around with a few people about the re-establishment of a legitimate supporters trust.

It’s always pained me that we’ve had no Trut since 2012 and even more so seeing how the likes of BORST are going at Sligo Rovers.
We obviously have supporters club and supporter groups who can continue to do their own thing, but think a Trust with a primary objective of fundraising could be a huge benefit to the club again. At least if substantial amounts are raised, the supporters can have a say in where or what projects the money goes towards.

Cheers
I would agree Pingu as long as the trust did not give the money directly to the club for it to be poured down the bog and the trust just paid for specific improvements for the club ie, picking up the bills or part off for ground improvements etc. it should not be to just willy nilly spend on players like Zahibo etc unless we get some competence in the recruitment department.
Hull White
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Hull White »

Cheers
I would agree Pingu as long as the trust did not give the money directly to the club for it to be poured down the bog and the trust just paid for specific improvements for the club ie, picking up the bills or part of for ground improvements etc. it should not be to just willy nilly spend on players like Zahibo etc unless we get some competence in the recruitment department.
Pepsi
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Pepsi »

Cheers
Would be all for it, maybe a monthly subs model for private fans and a higher rate for companies, however as you say, it wiill only make sense if all groups get on board ... I do feel the trust should look at 2 areas to support ....
1. Youth and Ladies teams
2. Oriel improvements

Third area would be a savings account to potentially have a way to buy in in the future, however being honest, I doubt the money needed would ever be achieved.

All monies earned should be used directly for the 2 matters above, if it is handed over to the club, it can end up anywhere. I am sure the club would accept bus sponsorship for the ladies or youth teams. Maybe anything left could be put into improving the basics in Oriel ... toilets etc.
Shelveyville
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Shelveyville »

Wahts the point it would become another bickerfest! Gather a few bob and write a strongly worded letter to 1903 for writing a letter and SSA can ask for subs to pay flare fines. Pointless, done before, no chance of personal agendas not getting in the way trying to pat themself on the back
Philistine
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Philistine »

So would that make it 2 supporters clubs?
pingu1
Reserves
Reserves

Post by pingu1 »

Philistine wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 10:04 pm So would that make it 2 supporters clubs?

Thanks everyone for the responses. I’m hoping the plan for this is something bigger than a supporters club and at least my hope will be to have representation of all supporters groups have a voice in this.
In essence, my hope at least would be to raise substantial funds to aid in certain projects and have a rainy day fund as Pepsi suggested.

That’s just my own idea for it. I’ve spoken to a few and hoping to have a virtual call next week to form a working group on the mission and objectives before an actual committee gets voted in.
I’ll post details here for anyone interested who might like to attend.
dundog21
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by dundog21 »

Please do,nice to see some people grab the bull by the horns,hope we could united the various groups together around the cause rather than splitting off again.
Alanek
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Alanek »

Good idea ,but I ask ,why do the SSA need a voice in this .They are nothing but hassle ,full time causing fines ,throwing money away .I think you will find not too many of them will sign up too anything if they have to pay ,so they should have no voice at .
pingu1
Reserves
Reserves

Post by pingu1 »

Thanks again for the feedback. We’ve scheduled a meeting on zoom next week to discuss further

A number of fans have been discussing the idea of a new Supporters Trust in recent days, and having established that there is interest have decided to host a meeting which is open to all fans this coming Wednesday 22nd of May at 8pm via Zoom. A discussion paper will be presented at the start of the meeting with a view to getting the opinions of all present on whether it is something worth pursuing, and if so, what that might look like. It is important to note that it is not envisaged to be another supporters group as we feel fans are already well represented in that regard. Please share with fans who may be interested in this initiative. We would ask people to avoid sharing it on social media for now with the exception of closed fans groups as we don’t want the meeting hijacked by supporters of other clubs. See link to meeting here: https://us06web.zoom.us/u/kbIIowLXM8
Gearóid Bellew
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Gearóid Bellew »

I would be interested in getting involved. I agree that we do not need another supporters group working separately.

I would like to see a contingency fund established for potential bad times rather than just a source of funding for day to day expenses that ends up costing more to administer than it actually gives the club.
condor
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by condor »

I'd be happy to join a Supporters trust and direct debit a small few quid every month if that would help.
mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by mike »

Some older members will recall the Oriel Travel Club ran by Brendan C ? FD days 00's, I remember they had a wonderful core priority in fund raising, they arranged and paid for players pre away match meals.

Always thought it was a great idea, and I was happy to contribute whenever I could, but I was not a member of the club, those guys in that club worked really hard to keep things going, and although it might have sounded little things, it was an essential part of the end story that was promotion in 2008.