Supporters Trust

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, eamoss, Gearóid Bellew

Alanek
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Supporters Trust

Post by Alanek »

Would this be something like the shamrock rvs or Sligo model .
Say we had a 300 club .do much a year etc.
Richie87
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Richie87 »

Sligo have the 500 club. Each fan gives 20 euro a month. https://www.sligorovers.com/500-club/
colymull
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by colymull »

Alanek wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 9:11 pm Good idea ,but I ask ,why do the SSA need a voice in this .They are nothing but hassle ,full time causing fines ,throwing money away .I think you will find not too many of them will sign up too anything if they have to pay ,so they should have no voice at .
I have to agree with this. I would support a trust but not if the SSA have anything to do with it. They've done nothing but cost the club huge money. No amount of banners or songs can cover that.
Alanek
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Alanek »

Richie87 wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 10:55 am Sligo have the 500 club. Each fan gives 20 euro a month. https://www.sligorovers.com/500-club/
Would something like this be viable,
I know money is tight .But is it worth putting out there,see what sort of reaction it gets.its not the same as the patron scheme etc,this is a club who will have a say in the runnng of things .
Look ,I may be talking out my rear end ,if Sligo can do it why not us .
Alanek
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Alanek »

colymull wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 12:03 pm
Alanek wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 9:11 pm Good idea ,but I ask ,why do the SSA need a voice in this .They are nothing but hassle ,full time causing fines ,throwing money away .I think you will find not too many of them will sign up too anything if they have to pay ,so they should have no voice at .
I have to agree with this. I would support a trust but not if the SSA have anything to do with it. They've done nothing but cost the club huge money. No amount of banners or songs can cover that.
My opinion is ,if people are going to hand over money on a monthly /yearly basis ,I don’t think the SSA should have any say ,
Richie87
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Richie87 »

Alanek wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 12:16 pm
Richie87 wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 10:55 am Sligo have the 500 club. Each fan gives 20 euro a month. https://www.sligorovers.com/500-club/
Would something like this be viable,
I know money is tight .But is it worth putting out there,see what sort of reaction it gets.its not the same as the patron scheme etc,this is a club who will have a say in the runnng of things .
Look ,I may be talking out my rear end ,if Sligo can do it why not us .
It would be a big enough commitment. Sligo have been doing it for a long time. But even then model Shamrock Rovers have with 50% fan ownership at least gives them a say on things.
In LOI there is much money to be made besides getting into Europe or getting through an Academy player and selling on.
Towelie
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Towelie »

You could maybe have a tiered payment scheme? Similar to a patreon subscription model.
pingu1
Reserves
Reserves

Post by pingu1 »

Hi all,

Thanks again for all the feedback.

Quick reminder that tonight’s meeting about the formation of a new supporters working group a la the former trust is at 8pm.

Link is here

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us06web.zoom.us/j/82159577960

Meeting ID: 821 5957 7960

---
The only team for me.....
Scubs
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Scubs »

I’m going to go against the grain here and say to exclude the SSA is wrong, excluding any fan base is wrong. Imagine an Oriel without the SSA, there would be no atmosphere.

Yes I agree that the flares are hurting the club with the fines, right now we can not financially afford the fines and they need to stop.

If you exclude the SSA, then nothing is going to change, if you do include them, then at least try change things.

Education is key, not segregation!
Lillywhite on the brain
oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by oldfogey »

Scubs wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 5:08 pm I’m going to go against the grain here and say to exclude the SSA is wrong, excluding any fan base is wrong. Imagine an Oriel without the SSA, there would be no atmosphere.

Yes I agree that the flares are hurting the club with the fines, right now we can not financially afford the fines and they need to stop.

If you exclude the SSA, then nothing is going to change, if you do include them, then at least try change things.

The threat of a long term ban doesn't seem to have any effect. Can't get much more education than that.

The other concern would be that the SSA pack the membership and take over the trust.
Pepsi
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Pepsi »

Scubs wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 5:08 pm I’m going to go against the grain here and say to exclude the SSA is wrong, excluding any fan base is wrong. Imagine an Oriel without the SSA, there would be no atmosphere.

Sorry but I cannot agree with you on this one. They cost the club huge amounts of money in fines every year (money which could be spent in other areas of the club), they know it is an issue and stuck 2 fingers up at the club with a banner at our last match. Add to that, that one of their key members and ring leaders is sitting in the committee of the 1903, you would have to ask if education is enough or if it will work. The aforementioned person has been on pods telling the world how much the pyro adds to the atmosphere ... again, this is someone young lads in the SSA look up to. Sorry, but as long as they are costing the club and sticking 2 fingers up to the club and remaining fans, they should not be part of anything.
Scubs
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Scubs »

oldfogey wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 5:39 pm

The threat of a long term ban doesn't seem to have any effect. Can't get much more education than that.

The other concern would be that the SSA pack the membership and take over the trust.
The threat of a ban is not education.

I can’t see how they would take over the trust, I don’t think any fan group will be able to do that if set up correctly which I’m sure it will be.
Lillywhite on the brain
oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by oldfogey »

Scubs wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 5:51 pm

I can’t see how they would take over the trust, I don’t think any fan group will be able to do that if set up correctly which I’m sure it will be.
Setup correctly? Do you even understand how collective organisations operate? Democratic election of Officers/Committee Members is on a "highest number of votes" basis.

I would imagine that the SSAs inclusion would cause a lot of supporters to give the whole thing a wide berth. The primary object of the Trust is to raise money for specific projects within the club. How are the SSA going to contribute if they won't pay towards the fines they currently cause. They are - in effect - stealing money from the club every time they light a flare.
Scubs
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Scubs »

oldfogey wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 6:23 pm
Scubs wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 5:51 pm

Setup correctly? Do you even understand how collective organisations operate? Democratic election of Officers/Committee Members is on a "highest number of votes" basis.

I would imagine that the SSAs inclusion would cause a lot of supporters to give the whole thing a wide berth. The primary object of the Trust is to raise money for specific projects within the club. How are the SSA going to contribute if they won't pay towards the fines they currently cause. They are - in effect - stealing money from the club every time they light a flare.
You know you don’t need to be condescending to get your point across? I do indeed know how they are organised and have been involved in many down through the years within the club along with yourself.

I don’t disagree agree with anything from your last paragraph, but again we shouldn’t be segregating any supporter base, we need unity and communication, we need to try resolve this issues of flares and nothing has worked over the last few years, what is the harm in trying a different approach.

Anways, I hope you’ll pop onto the meeting tonight to air your views along with everyone else, I personally think it’s long over due to have a trust back up and running again.
Lillywhite on the brain
condor
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by condor »

I tried to enter the meeting earlier, but being a technophobe I made dunkle of it. Anyway, apologies if you could see my big head
bobbing and weaving trying to make my PC co-operate. How did it go?