Ex DLK players in UK & elsewhere

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, eamoss, Gearóid Bellew

TrevDaRev2
Reserves
Reserves

Re: Ex DLK players in UK & elsewhere

Post by TrevDaRev2 »

"Wilfred Zahibo played 18 games for Dundalk FC. The international footballer is now suing the club"

https://thecurrency.news/articles/13864 ... -the-club/
niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 »

TrevDaRev2 wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:03 pm "Wilfred Zahibo played 18 games for Dundalk FC. The international footballer is now suing the club"

What's he suing for? The injury?
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.
TrevDaRev2
Reserves
Reserves

Post by TrevDaRev2 »

niall_hearty2000 wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:09 pm
TrevDaRev2 wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:03 pm "Wilfred Zahibo played 18 games for Dundalk FC. The international footballer is now suing the club"

No detail in the article but has filed in the High Court
oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by oldfogey »

TrevDaRev2 wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:10 pm

He knows exactly what he is doing. Outstanding amounts which are due to players/managers can cause a problem for licence applications. Timing is everything here, trying to force the club to stump up instead of giving them time to contest it. Unfortunately, any football related claim attachs itself to the club, irrespective of whether there has been a change in owner/legal entity (this was Peak6 era).

When he was with us I always got the feeling he had been guaranteed that he would appear in every game. In the 6 Conference games he started against Levadia and was sub in 4 more. He was unused in the 2nd leg against Vitesse.

He was an unused sub in the next 2 league games, then started against Mochtas in the cup. He never appeared in a matchday squad after that, until the final game of the season (unused). I don't have details but I seem to recall he was away on international duty an awful lot, or was injured. (I have resisted the temptation to air quotes here)
Philistine
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Philistine »

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/ ... er-9010447

Ian Foster going to be managing Plymouth in the Championship it appears.
seand
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by seand »

If he's suing it has to be for a specific breach of a written legal contract, constructive dismissal or some such. Would be interesting to see the detail of the claim
oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by oldfogey »

seand wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 3:57 pm If he's suing it has to be for a specific breach of a written legal contract, constructive dismissal or some such. Would be interesting to see the detail of the claim
In the normal course of events, yes. But this could well be about his interpretation of something in his contract, or something verbally promised by Buffalo Bill. The player can't go to court unless and until he has made efforts to obtain the money directly from the club. I dealt with 2 claims in my time at the club. In the end both were settled without involving a third party, although we certainly felt they weren't justified. Quite often the problems with contracts aren't the clauses they contain, it's the clauses that they don't contain. The courts tend to side with the claimant where something isn't specifically referenced.
niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

oldfogey wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 3:28 pm
TrevDaRev2 wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:10 pm

He knows exactly what he is doing. Outstanding amounts which are due to players/managers can cause a problem for licence applications. Timing is everything here, trying to force the club to stump up instead of giving them time to contest it. Unfortunately, any football related claim attachs itself to the club, irrespective of whether there has been a change in owner/legal entity (this was Peak6 era).

When he was with us I always got the feeling he had been guaranteed that he would appear in every game. In the 6 Conference games he started against Levadia and was sub in 4 more. He was unused in the 2nd leg against Vitesse.

He was an unused sub in the next 2 league games, then started against Mochtas in the cup. He never appeared in a matchday squad after that, until the final game of the season (unused). I don't have details but I seem to recall he was away on international duty an awful lot, or was injured. (I have resisted the temptation to air quotes here)
To be fair he got a very bad injury in Oriel. Can't remember if he ever came back from it for us.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.
Quayman
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Quayman »

Almost sure Zahibo had to keep going into isolation for the full covid14 days requirement everytime he went on international duty which led to alot of missed games and availability for us. Besides, he was useless regardless!
Neale Fenn....SCUM
Goliath
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Goliath »

We got a terrible return on him , plus if I remember correctly he was one of the top paid players at the time.
Richie87
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Richie87 »

Got a big signing on fee it was reported when he joined.
Richie87
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Richie87 »

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Louth4sam »

Richie87 wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:21 pm Dane Massey calling it a day https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2024/01 ... ings-good/
Should have retired here as he would have been a far better option than a lot of players we have signed since he left. Cracking player on his day.
"Absentee ownership doesn't work" - Jordan Gardner 21/12/2020
niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Dane Massey announces his retirement. Out of all the players we signed in our golden period, Dane for me was the best signing we made. Certainly the most consistent. He was our most consistent performer down through the years. And his free kick in the EA Sports cup final in Oriel v RVs got the ball rolling trophy wise.
Towelie
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Towelie »

A brilliant player who we still haven't replaced. Legend.