Ex DLK players in UK & elsewhere

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: eamoss, Gearóid Bellew, Duffman

Post Reply
oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 2725
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:24 pm

Re: Ex DLK players in UK & elsewhere

Post by oldfogey » Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:47 pm

Tried to follow the Linfield match on Livescore while driving, stopping every 5 miles for a car sick grandson. Aggregate-equalising goal was a 25 yard screamer in the 4th minute of injury time, with the winner 5 minutes into extratime. The sixth - and final
- yellow card was for Chris Shields with 2 minutes of ET left. How I miss those days. Putting his body on the line when everyone else was on their last legs.

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 2725
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:24 pm

Re: Ex DLK players in UK & elsewhere

Post by oldfogey » Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:58 am

I thought we had seen the best of Linfield last week, but that 1-0 win at home to Bido/Glimt really gives them a chance. Another goal bound shot headed clear by Chris Shields. OK its only halftime in the tie, but a win in this round guarantees them Conference Group Stage football.

Richie87
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 742
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:11 pm

Re: Ex DLK players in UK & elsewhere

Post by Richie87 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:14 pm

Linfield hammered 8-0. In fairness Bodo are excellent at home. They beat Roma 6-1 at home last year in the Europa league.

User avatar
niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain
Posts: 7545
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:47 pm
Location: dundalk
Contact:

Re: Ex DLK players in UK & elsewhere

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:16 pm

Richie87 wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:14 pm Linfield hammered 8-0. In fairness Bodo are excellent at home. They beat Roma 6-1 at home last year in the Europa league.
No they didn't. .. it was the Europa conference qtr final. they beat Roma 2-0 at home and Roma obliterated them 4-0 in second leg could and should have been about 9.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

Richie87
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 742
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:11 pm

Re: Ex DLK players in UK & elsewhere

Post by Richie87 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:19 pm

Yes they did... They played Roma in the Europa League , and later in the Conference League

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/59003971
Last edited by Richie87 on Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain
Posts: 7545
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:47 pm
Location: dundalk
Contact:

Re: Ex DLK players in UK & elsewhere

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:21 pm

Richie87 wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:19 pm Yes they did... They played Roma in the Europa League , and later in the Conference League

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... mt-roundup
I stand corrected. I wad at the 4-0 game in Rome.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

Richie87
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 742
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:11 pm

Re: Ex DLK players in UK & elsewhere

Post by Richie87 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:35 pm

They had an eventful few years. They won their first title in over 100 years in 2020.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/55029939

Weelilywhite
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 85
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:20 pm

Re: Ex DLK players in UK & elsewhere

Post by Weelilywhite » Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:00 pm

Reading the Derry supporters comments after the Shams game and they all say that when Duffy came on for the last 25 mins he made a massive difference. Have no doubt his injury was a huge blow to Derry and now he's back, we need to be at our best to stay ahead of them. Interesting that they also say that Bradley played for a draw, the same as in OP. Would not be surprised if he did the same on Sun.

User avatar
niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain
Posts: 7545
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:47 pm
Location: dundalk
Contact:

Re: Ex DLK players in UK & elsewhere

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:09 pm

Weelilywhite wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:00 pm Reading the Derry supporters comments after the Shams game and they all say that when Duffy came on for the last 25 mins he made a massive difference. Have no doubt his injury was a huge blow to Derry and now he's back, we need to be at our best to stay ahead of them. Interesting that they also say that Bradley played for a draw, the same as in OP. Would not be surprised if he did the same on Sun.
Would you blame him for playing for a draw? Keeps us at bay at four points behind with a game more played.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

Post Reply